The Barton Family

Nat's POV:

After a few minutes of packing, a short goodbye to Y/N's parents and a much longer one to George, we drove back to the Quinjet and flew to Clint's house.

But once we finally land, I'm the only one getting down the vehicle. "What are you waiting for?" I ask confused and walking back to where she awkwardly stands still.

"What if Clint Doesn't want me 'round his kids?" She says stressfully.

"Nonsense." I instantly answer. I wouldn't have brought her here if I didn't know Clint fully trusts her.

"Well I'd still rather you ask him first...and if he says no, then give the kids that." She counters, putting 2 small objects in my hand.

I take a look at them and see a watch and a ring, beautiful and expensive ones. I look at her in disbelief.

"I know you always buy them gifts and I also knew we wouldn't have time to stop and get some on our way here, so I brought them stuff from when I was young." She says happily, but still unsure of herself. "I don't know if they like jewelry, or maybe they're still a bit young, but I figured it was better than nothing." She adds shrugging.

I can only smile at her sweetness, she's the cutest. "And you still think Clint won't accept you seeing his kids?"

"Well he isn't the only one to make the decision, he has a wife." She argues and it's almost laughable at this point.

I open my mouth to argue too, but ultimately drop it. She's too stubborn to accept, it'll be easier to ask the couple to come and get her.

I walk to the house without her and don't even have time to step on the porch that a little Barton comes out the door running to hug me.

"Auntie Nat!!!" She screams jumping in my arms.

"Hey Lila! How're you doing sweetie? You've grown so much since I last saw you!" She really did. How old is she now? 5?

"Nat?" Barton senior steps out, clearly confused by my presence, but I don't pay any mind to him, I'm more focused on his son, hidden behind his leg.

"Cooper! Buddy! You've gotten so much taller too, I'm happy to see you!" 7 years old? Almost 8, I guess.

It means I've known Clint for that long, these small ones make me feel old, but I love them both so much I can hardly complain.

I extend my hand to the boy and he hesitates a second before taking it, letting me grab him and put him in my free arm.

At the same time, Laura enters my sight and I smile her way as a greeting.

"I thought super cop would be with you." She instantly comments, clearly worried about my feelings and what could've happened.

"Yeah. Are you 2 okay? Last time I checked in, things were going smoothly." Clint adds, even more confused.

I smile. "She's in the Quinjet. Something about, and I quote: 'What if they don't want me 'round their kids?'"

Laura almost starts laughing right away. "That's absurd! The woman who managed to reach Natasha's heart is already part of the family."

"That's what I said! But my voice didn't weight as much as one of yours in that case." I explain.

"I'll go talk to her then." Laura announces, getting back in to put a small coat and boots on before walking to the jet.

"A-Are we talking about your girlfriend Aunt Nat?" Cooper asks, shyly per usual, but he still asks and it never fails to impress me.