Priorities

Y/N's POV:

"We got a window." Barton suddenly announces, breaking my focus back on the mission. I gotta drive to the twins, convince them to team up with us. Easy enough. "4, 3, Give 'em hell." He counts down before dropping us.

I don't listen to a single word in the team's channel and focus solely on finding the 2 little jerks. I drive as fast as I can and find them at the end of an alley, watching Cap's fight on Tv.

I get off the motorcycle and immediately use my powers on the brother since I already started to make connection with his sister, where he threw me against a wall instead.

"Aren't you helping your side?" I ask almost teasingly, crossing my arms.

She swiftly turns to look at me and then to her twin. "What did you just do to him!?" Her eyes turn red for a moment.

"Nothing bad. I just made sure he doesn't interrupt me again while we discuss, it's a bad habit you know?  But he can talk to you and you can talk to him, if that's what you're wondering." I explain while she moves her hand before his face and he reacts. "He simply sees no threat in me and doesn't feel concerned by this conversation in the slightest, right now." I add, reassuring her, but also showing I'm not as helpless as last time.

"You got stronger, fast."

"Or I didn't have to use my powers in 50 douche bags before I met you." That and feeling Nat's emotions like she's next to me, giving me a boost, tends to make me more powerful.

"Got it." She mumbles. "What do you want?"

"Actually, I just wondered what you 2 were doing. I mean Ultron's fighting Cap and you're well... you haven't crushed my mind a second time."

She instantly looks down in guilt. "I'm sor-"

"I'm not looking for an apology, kid. Ultron's about to evolve. Meaning he'll be one step closer to human eradication." I state. "You're helping us, the crazy bot, or are you sitting it out?" I force them to choose quickly, meanwhile, letting go of my hold on the speedster.

"That was not a nice move!" Is the first thing that comes out of his mouth once he comes back to his senses. I roll my eyes, how many times do you have to mention he threw me into a fucking wall.

The 2 Sokovia a then take a few seconds to talk to one another about what I just suggested, but it barely takes the time for me to re-open my comms and they're ready.

"What do we do?" They say in sync.

"I'm going in. Cap, can you keep him occupied?" The Balck Widow herself asks, before I can answer them anything. What a perfect timing.

"What do you think I've been doing?" The old man replies, obviously exhausted.

"Go help Captain America. He's trying to keep Ultron's attention in him." I tell the kids, a second later, they aren't in front of me anymore. "At least you got the bike. At least you got the bike." I repeat to myself while hoping back in to join everyone.

By the time I arrive to the train, the murder bot got the chance to get away from them. Fucking great.

"Uh, Anderson, I really need your help over here." The Captain says after a moment, and I clearly see why; the train just went off the rails, towards the city, therefore towards a bunch of civilians.

As I drive next to the out of control engine, I force the civilians on its way to run.

That's when I feel Natasha panicking for a second until anger and fear take over her. That's not reassuring, but I keep focus on what I have to do.