Russia

Nat's POV:

We're soon walking out of the jet holding hands, the resemblance with my nightmare crisping me at first, but the snowflakes gently falling on the ground break the loop I felt trapped in.

"Thank god there were winter coats in the jet." My girlfriend mumbles. "Could you tell me how  we're going to find your parents again?" She asks trying to remember if I told her, which I didn't.

"Considering I only know my father's last name, which is a very current one here, and the one guy that could've known where they are got blown up by none other than me..." Y/N makes a small head tilt that I suppose meant something like 'Damn' "I guess Madame B is our best and only option." I conclude trying to sound unphased by it, but I honestly don't know why I'm still trying to pretend when my girlfriend can feel what I feel. The mere thought of seeing that old lady again scares me shitless.

"Miss B? Even the name sounds awful."

"You aren't wrong." I answer making her grumble something. "I wasn't exactly able to keep tracks on her because of her skills, but I know she's been moving a lot since the collapse of S.H.I.E.L.D. and HYDRA. She's in town and I might even have a location." I explain.

"That's great let's go there." She says enthusiastically while fastening here pace and turning around so she's now walking backwards, but in front of me. "Do we have a car? A motorcycle? Or are we walking?"

She's taking so many risks , just for me. I don't think she realizes that. "Y/N this will be extremely dangerous, we're talking about a woman, a cruel one, with my skill set and she could have allies. I wouldn't hold it against you if you didn't tag al-"

"Don't you dare finish your sentence!" She orders. What? "You think I'd back down because of a scary lady and your frightening past, I get it. But if you think I'd back down only to leave you alone? I'm not sure if we're talking about the same Anderson here." She says proudly, then hugging me. "I'm by your side through all of this." She mumbles cutely when I grab her head so our our foreheads gently collide.

"Promise?" I ask, insecurity peaking through.

She pecks my lips. "As long as I'm alive." She replies confidently

Y/N's POV:

We've been to a hidden house -In a car- where we hoped to find Madame B and we've only found a ton of others. It took us a whole month to find the right hiding spot, at least we hope.

"Careful." She whispers, unlocking the safety on her gun while I do the same on mine. She's been very protective since we arrived in Russia.

Nat kicks the door open, gun raised. I follow close behind and Nat's weapon is kicked out of her hands at the first turn in the appartement. Shit.

She quickly kicks the woman's pistol out of her hands too and it turns into hand-to-hand combat making it impossible for me to shoot without risking to hurt Nat.

I approach and kick the enemy in the back of the leg, making her kneel and Nat instantly takes this chance to knock her out. More of them appearing from a door in the hallway we've just entered. We're 2 against 4 now, fucking fantastic.

"I got it, stay out of it." What the fuck?

"Are you serious!?" I say as she advances towards them. Did I do something wrong? I didn't even have time to screw up. Thinking about it, this isn't the first time she tries to keep me away from the fight.