Confessions

Nat's POV:

After about 10 minutes, the debris stop moving and Rogers starts moving them. "Give me the shield." I request, starting to cough the second I open my mouth.

"What?" He coughs too, more dust coming our way as we move the concrete.

"You've taken most of the blow. Get a break, I'll get us out." I explain, the man hesitantly giving into the idea of resting for a minute.

I work in silence until I manage to make us a path large enough to carry Y/N out. I turn towards my partners and kneel in front of her, gently moving her hair out of her face.

"She's going to be okay. The only injuries she has are on her brow arch and her knuckles, from punching the screen. It'll heal pretty quickly." Steve tries to reassure me like I haven't been checking the injuries on her body for the last 10 minutes. I keep silent and lift her bridal style. "She's been running after you like a lost puppy and you ignore her when you're just as f-"

"Lead the way, Rogers" I grumpily interrupt him, tossing the dinner plate his way.

The second we see the sky, a bunch of helicopters come along with it, all ready to find  bodies or kill anyone of us who might have survived. Cap throws a quick glance my way that I answer with a curt nod. Both of us starting a stealth run in the forest near by, only stopping when we're both convinced the agents won't search us this far.

Only then do I carefully lay down the woman I likes unconscious bod comfortably -for the conditions- against a tree, sitting next to her, exhausted.

"So, why are you like that with-" My gaze moves from the ground to glaring at Steve, who's sat against a tree across from us.

"Rogers, if I interrupted you it was so you wouldn't talk about it, not for you to go on a little later. Or do you need another punch in that perfect stomach of yours to get it!?" I reply, probably a bit too harsh for the man, but I couldn't care less at the moment. He can mind his own business.

"I know. I know." He answers moving his hands in a calming gesture. "But my point is, she deserves an explanation. Despite the whole mess we're in and all she's discovered about herself, she finds time to crawl after you. Yet you seem to love stomping on her hands." He sighs. "From what I saw she's a great kid, if she lost her chance, at least stop messing with her." My eyes widen at how much the elder as seen.

I chuckle. "it's quite the opposite." The whisper finally slips out of my mouth. The revelation visibly hitting Steve, but surprisingly enough startling myself, also.

"Pardon?" He says, probably thinking he heard me wrong.

"When we came back, I thought it would be different, but it's all the same. That smile and voice, her [h/c] hair, her righteousness, the humor, the stubbornness, all of it! Even after she revealed having god damn powers! Nothing's changed and my stupid feelings are the same." I repeat wit more details, frustratingly hitting the earth with the heel of my foot.

"Why aren't you telling her that, then?"

"Because this means it not only felt real, but it was...to some extent, the good, but also the bad. I mean, we were both honest with each other and I don't think she realized that. She saw part of a lie and thought it was the truth, or maybe it used to be true?" I laugh humorlessly for a second, I don't think I can make the difference. "I just want her to see me again."

A long silence follows my emotional words, like the man who finally got the answers he was looking for is trying to choose his words wisely.

"Well, stop me if I'm wrong, but normally, when you want something you take it, right? Or in this case help make it happen, hmm?" The Cap hints... not too bad in dating advices for an old boy. He then taps his knees, motivating himself to stand up through the pain. "S.H.I.E.L.D.'s probably far by now. We should get going." He decides