Evolution

Nat's POV:

We decide to execute our plan in the guest room, since Y/N told me she has no idea how much energy it'll take to link our hearts. I still can't believe we're going to do this. I'm nervous, but a good kind of nervous.

"Both of us will be able to cut the link whenever we feel like it." My girlfriend explains.

"That won't be needed." I reply smiling, making her smile briefly too before her focused face takes over her features again. "Do I- Should I sit down?"

She chuckles. "I have no idea. We should probably both sit in the bed in case we pass out, I suppose?" That's very reassuring.

I still do as told and sit next to her, she then grabs my left hand and places it over her chest, where her heart is, I can feel it tapping strongly against her chest, which somehow soothes me. Y/N then puts her left hand at the exact same place she positioned mine, but over my body.

The woman then looks at me, and I look back into her eyes just as lovingly. "Are you still sure?"

"Ready whenever you are." I reply confidently.

Mere seconds later, it's as if a lighting bolt comes through my body and never leaves, it just settles. The feeling doesn't hurt, quite the opposite actually, I feel more alive than ever.

Less than a minute after she started this whole operation, Y/N lets her body fall on the bed. "I fucking did it!" She says loudly, but also sounding exhausted, making me smile.

I can literally feel her exhaustion and how proud she is that it worked, I can feel her love, I feel all of her and it's so fucking great.

I lay next to her, putting my hand in her hair softly. "Hell yeah, you did." I reply proudly. "Your eyes are all black though."

"So are yours. But it looks hot on you." She joked as I push her teasingly. "I'm serious!" She defends, laughing.

"I know, I can feel it!" Suddenly an idea crosses my mind. "Does that mean you can feel when people are horny?" If so I am so fucked.

" I try not to focus on it." She mumbles.

My jaw drops. "Does that mean, in the beginning of our relationship when-"

"Did you hear that? I think Laura's calling for us downstairs!" She invents, quickly running out.

"Anderson!"

Y/N's POV:

I run down the stairs and allow myself to feel once again the lack of doubt in the air. I just confirmed without the shadow of a doubt that I'm not controlling any of the people I care about.

On top of it, I can feel my girlfriend's amusement at my little teasing, but multiplied by 10! It's not coming as a vibe I can catch a glimpse of like anyone else anymore. Her emotions are practically another point of bud I could have on things. I'm so connected to her it's fucking amazing!

My little bubble of thoughts is quickly popped though, I feel something in movement hitting my leg, quite roughly. I look down and instantly see both kids staring back at me wide eyed.

"Oh sh- Crap! Sorry! You okay?" I say worriedly, down to their level.

"Y-Your eyes!" Lila says, feeling just as interested as her big brother. Thing is, I have no idea if it's an afraid or amazed kind of curious.

I hear Nat coming down the stairs, but stay focused on the small ones' reactions. "Yeah, it's like they're not there anymore." The older one adds.

My girlfriend softly puts a hand on my shoulder, squeezing in an encouraging way.