Zola's Algorithm

Y/N's POV:

The more this windbag speaks, the angrier Steve gets. So no one's surprised when he throws the man through the rooftop's door. "Tell me about Zola's algorithm." The make Super-Soldier requests.

"Never heard of it." Sitwell denies, putting his glasses back on.

We walk closer and closer to the edge. "What we're you doing on the Lemurian Star?"

"I was throwing up. I get seasick." The man -in no position to do so- replies with a fake innocent tone.

Though, a second later, his legs hit the end of the roof, he almost falls off, but Rogers catches him by his clothing. Meanwhile, Nat and I try to be forgotten, until needed so our impact is 'scarier'.

"Is this little display meant to insinuate that you're gonna throw me off the roof? 'Cause it's really not your style, Rogers." How can this man think trying to act confident is going to save him? He's shitting in his pants. Not only can I feel it, but everyone can see it!

Steve's jaw tenses a little. "You're right." He answers, letting go of him. Nat and I throw each other a quick glance and realize we both know what's going to happen. "It's not," Steve confirms again, roughly patting the man's shoulders. "It's hers."

Our partner moves himself right next to me, leaving Natasha all the space she wants to Spartan Kick that impertinence of a man off the roof and that's just what she does.

I think I'm drooling.

"Oh wait! What about that girl from accounting, Lau-Laura?... Lys-"

"Lilian? Lip piercing, right?" Steve's guesses

"Yeah, she's cute." I'm sorry, is she actually trying to find him a date, now!?

"Yeah... I'm not ready for that." Are they both clueless to what just happened or just blind!?

"I'm sorry, aren't we going to talk about how hot this was!?" I exclaim.

Nat then slowly approaches me, only to whisper in my ear. "I didn't give you your second chance Anderson. Not yet..." Fucking hell. That seductive raspy voice will be the death of me, I swear.

She takes a few steps back and right at this moment, Sam arrives from the sky, holding Sitwell. He roughly drops him on the rooftop, before making a fluid landing himself.

We all walk to the man who's laying flat on the concrete, the second he sees the 4 of us circling him he quickly starts to stand up in fear, hands up. "Zola's algorithm is a program... for choosing... insight targets."

"What targets?" Steve demands

"You! A TV anchor in Cairo, the under secretary of defense, a high school valedictorian in Iowa City, Bruce Banner, Stephen Strange, anyone who's a threat to HYDRA. Now, or in the future." He lists endlessly.

"In the future?" How could it know?" Steve asks and indeed, it seems too crazy to believe, but the man on his knees in front of us clearly holds onto life too much to lie.

He starts laughing maniacally before snapping at Rogers "How could it not!?" He properly stands up, trying to look slightly threatening, like his words. "The 21st century is a digital book. Zola taught HYDRA how to read it." He then looks to all our faces as we try to comprehend everything without totally freaking out.

"Your digital infos don't represent everything. If it did, everyone would use it." I deny. Yes, cops use it as a tool, but it's not always reliable.

"Oh, but it does. Your bank records, medical histories, voting patterns, e-mails, phone calls, your damn SAT scores! Zola's algorithm evaluates people's past to predict their future." Sitwell drops like there is no problem with the simple idea to predict someone's future.