Party

Nat's POV:

The rest of the week went so fast I didn't even see it pass. We both had a lot to f work, I was preparing my myself for my month long mission which starts in 4 days, we fucked and Y/N had interviews about the case she just solved.

Before we even realized it, it was my amazing girlfriend's job party, we arrived there both wearing quite stunning dresses. Mine was a long black one, covering only one of my shoulders. Y/N's one was quite similar, but covering none of her shoulders, though there were still small sleeves on her arms. It also has a circle revealing a reasonable part of her back. Both our dresses, even though they're almost low enough to touch the floor, it let us move around pretty easily because of a side opening.

My woman brings us to a rather fancy building where the event is happening and as we enter the first person to meet us is a short brown hair man, he's a bit smaller than Y/N. He greets us with a huge smile and directly hugs her. "Y/N! You're here! What a great surprise." He beams in her arms.

"I'm happy to be here, pal." She answers, chuckling at his enthusiasm as she gets out of her grasp. "Umm... Nat, I present you Espinoza, well Sam and Espinoza, I present you my girlfriend Natasha" She gestures the both sides of us to each other.

"Oooh! So that's who's getting her out of her lair!" He teases her as we shake hands, his comment making me raise a curious eyebrow. "Well, you know, Y/N never comes to this kind of event, exception made for a few charity events." Now putting both hands on his hips.

"Interesting." I answer him, not really caring about it, I mean she goes to the parties she wants to. "Maybe I'll have to bring her here more often then." I add to feed the conversation and teases Y/N a bit.

"I'm still here, you know" She comments.

We both look at her like she's ruining a new friendship and she answers us with a playful death glare to which I laugh and intertwine her arm with mine, but Espinoza is a bit more scared than I, to say the least.

"Well I'll leave you girls to enjoy the party! Ask me if you need anything!" He says forcing a laugh out, in slight fear before quickly leaving.

"He's like Dan Espinoza in Lucifer." I whisper in my girl's ear and she laughs.

"They are strangely alike, yeah." She confirms as we start walking, side by side, towards other people.

After a while of quite boring small talks, a hand lands on my shoulder followed by the annoying loud voice of Turner. "What's up guys! What are you talking about?" He asks as I turn my gaze towards him to see Y/N taking his other hand off her shoulder. "Savage!" He exclaims dramatically towards her movement. "At least your girlfriend's nice." He mumbles.

Then the man's partner starts smirking slowly turning towards me, Turner following the gesture. Once it's done, he sees the death glare I'm sending his way and this one isn't playful like Y/N's last one, not at all. "Lieutenant, if you don't get that hand off me right now, it'll get off broken." I kindly explain to him.

He swiftly removes it. "Jeez! Such a rude couple!" The man complains again. "So, were you guys talking about the case I solved?" He moves on the other side of the circle putting his arms around 2 other guys we've been talking to.

"You mean the case we sol-" Y/N starts to correct.

"Yeah, yeah, doesn't matter. I did most of the investigating, right?" He brushes off.

Y/N rolls her eyes at the asshole behavior of her partner, not bothering to contest his lies. The man then starts to brag all his 'weekly features' while the woman next to me, gradually started fuming.