Humor and Work

Nat's POV:

I suggest to Y/N to eat our breakfast in the common kitchen, it'll allow us to see what it looks like and also see if the boys are okay this morning. I bet Tony will walk in with sunglasses on.

The rooms pretty much the same as on our floor, simply much bigger.

Even after our little stunt of the morning, we're the first ones on the official team to be here, there's only Sam.

"Sammy! My boy!" Y/N exclaims happily, making the man's head raise up from his toast plate and notice us. "I'm so happy to see you!"

The man stays on his chair, but still side hugs my girlfriend, he also copies the small nod I did to greet him, while I went straight to the fridge for our breakfast.

"Pleasure is all mine, Anderson. I didn't expect the Avengers this early with how late last night ended." He comments as Y/N's now next to me to prepare the coffee. I still don't know how she makes the best one in the whole damn world.

"And how could you possibly know that?" She asks, raising and so do I.

The man probably finishes his bite 'cause he answers a few seconds later. "The guests' rooms are right below the party floor, Rhodes and I pretty much heard it all. I'm scared of what it'll look like with real parties." The ex-military reveals, I kind of expected better of Stark on this one.

"About that, where's Rhodey?" I question, when Steve said the 2 of them would hang out last night I really thought they'd get along well.

"Oh. He left early for work, the man's hella busy!" Sam explains. Makes sense.

"Did you at least have fun while we kept you from sleeping?" Y/N asks, starting the coffee machine while I start breaking eggs in a pan. "2 for me, please darling." The woman says in my hear, making me nod and do as told.

"Of course! The man's extra smart and kind. He's also funny, even more past a few drinks. His War Machine Origin Story is a bit la-"

"Oh No!" Sam gets interrupted by the archer's voice, my head spinning around to see no one else than Sam in sight. What the hell?

"Barton?" I ask, still keeping an eye on the stove, while Y/N starts cutting some fruits.

"No! Don't talk to me, Romanoff!" He says almost... disgusted and I suddenly notice Y/N's face go livid.

"What is happening?" Wilson mumbles just as confused as I am.

"Tony will have to work on sound-proofing these walls, and fast." My girlfriend announces, my eyes going wide.

"Right! Because I was awoken by a woman screaming this morning." Clint starts, gulping." I don't know who it was, but I already feel like I know too much." The man says fearfully.

I look at both men on the other side of the counter, while I serve Y/N and I's eggs on the plates she just put the fruits in.

Sam is laughing so much he's almost falling off his chair and Clint looks like he's questioning every choice he's made in his life, mostly the one that was accepting to live on the floor below us.

My girlfriend then kindly serves coffee to everyone but Sam who's already got his own cup.

Right then, Roger's enters in sweatpants and a hoodie, probably back from a morning run. "Morning guy!" He says happily, but the small, almost playful, tension in the room quickly downs on him as he grabs himself a banana. "Oof. What happened in here?"

"Don't ask." Clint rapidly tells the Super-Soldier, seemingly over the initial fear, now looking despaired by what's he's been through in his young morning.