HYDRA

Y/N's POV:

We get in the car - Steve driving, Nat in the front and me in the back- it's silent for some time until Nat engages. "Where did Captain America learn how to steal a car?" That's a question I've been asking myself too.

I lean forward between the 2 seats to be in action. "Nazi Germany" He answers casually, Natasha and I humming at the answer. "And we're borrowing. Take your feet off the dash." The old man adds, making me smile.

She reluctantly takes them off as I comment "Didn't change one bit." She sends a glare my way, but I ignore it. "Though I've been meaning to ask, what's that?" I question, gently lifting the arrow on the necklace she's wearing. "You didn't have it last time I saw you."

Natasha takes the jewelry in her hands without yanking mine off, she basically enveloppes my hand with hers. "Clint gave it to me." She answers, giving me the feeling she got lost in her thoughts while telling me.

"For what occasion?" I ask out of curiosity.

"It's about trust. It's a promise, a way to tell me that no matter where we are, I can count on him, on the person I trust the most." Nat confesses, opening up, showing a small part of her to Steve and I.

Showing herself isn't an easy task for Nat, that's why I'll cherish these infos and take care of that brave woman as much as I can.

A small silence falls upon us until Nat decides to change the subject. "All right, I have a question for you, which you do not have to answer. I feel like if you don't answer it you kind of answer it though?" She rambles with a small smirk on her features.

"C'mon shoot." I urge, not patient enough for all that suspense.

"Was that your first kiss since we broke up?" I was not expecting that.

"That bad?" I question slightly freaked out.

"I didn't say that!" She quickly defends herself.

"Well it kinda sounds like I didn't get enough practice." I shoot back.

"Yes." My ex/future girlfriend answers. Ouch.

"You don't need practice." Rogers says, coming to my rescue, though it brings me to ask myself some questions now.

"Everybody needs practice!" Nat counters, matter of factly.

I sigh. "It was not my first kiss since we broke up. It's been 2 years, I have needs... But there's been nothing serious, if that's what you wanna know." I add. Hard to move on from someone like her.

"Me neither." It was barely audible and so quick I'm not even sure she actually said that. "What about you, Rogers? Nobody special?" She asks, my gaze instantly shifting to him. I don't want to make a big deal out of something I thought I heard.

He chuckles. "Believe it or not, it's kind of hard to find someone with shared life experience."

"Well that's alright. You just make something up." Nat suggests.

"What, like you?" Guessing by the sudden bitter tone of the driver, Nat hid stuff from him too.

The man's probably not used to that, being Captain America. Plus, I'm sure their lives are quite the contrast, where I can relate to Nat's -At least the few bits I know-.

"I don't know." She says, unbothered by the man's tone. "The truth is a matter of circumstances. It's not all things to all people all the time...Neither am I." She develops.

"That's tough way to live." Steve answers, but when you have that kind of secrets... what else do you want to do?

"It's a good way not to die, though." I think out loud.