Old Friend

Nat's POV:

Less than 20 minutes later, we're out of the meeting room and the team separated itself for the few hours between the meeting and the pizza tonight at 7:30.

"Wanna go eat at a coffee shop?" I suggest while walking out, but Y/N vigorously shakes her head in disagreement.

"I need to move or I'll literally implode." She says, she's right, we haven't moved all morning, which almost never happens. I feel like there are springs in my legs too.

"Any suggestions?"

"Oh! We could grab take out somewhere and go to the axe throwing place where Kim Williams is working, you know, from that case 2 years ago! Or we could go see Bill, he's probably not moving that much, but it would be fun, right?" She says excitedly, since when does she have so much energy!?

"Is it because I'm the only one you've really spoken to in the last months that you're excited?" I try to guess randomly.

"Not really. It's mostly New York. I love this frickin' place!" She answers rapidly. "And it's the first time I feel like I'm supposed to be here since we broke up." Damn. I didn't know the importance this city has to her.

We end up going to the grocery store and go back to our penthouse to cook something healthier than any restaurant would serve us. Y/N is literally jumping while she cooks stuff, which I gotta say, is the fucking cutest.

Then, to get all the extra energy out of our bodies, we go to the tower's gym.

We discover a whole floor designed for training, half made like a normal gym -A fancy one though, there's even a pool.- and the other half is made for combat. A ring, shooting ranges, punching bags, wooden sticks to spar, you name it.

It brings a lot of satisfaction to see this Sophisticated equipment in here when Tony didn't have to buy any of that. He did this because he cares, even though he doesn't like to show it...As a small way to thank him, Y/N and I spent the whole afternoon there, Steve even joined us for a bit.

After our effort and out from the shower, it's about 4:30. So we decide to check up on the one and only Bill Turner.

I'm talking with Y/N while I park the car in front of the station, therefore, we didn't any particular attention to the building.

I think we expected it to be like it always was, but now that I see it, this is more realistic. Though, when my girlfriend finally sees the damage, the smile she wore disappeared.

Very few windows that were broken a few months ago are repaired, most of them have been replaced by a piece of composite wood for now. The last time the lawn, at the entrance, has been done was probably when we left and the N.Y.P.D. flag is still up, but severely torn.

The only thing that shows the precinct is still working is the constant back and forth from police officiers.

I don't have time to say a single comforting word to her before she jogs in. I follow her.

Sadly, inside's no better than out. People are working their ass off in a total mess, some lights are working, most aren't and some desks weren't replaced and still have bullet holes in them. At least people are here to try and change that.

Once in the most crowded part of Y/N's previous working place, she slows her pace a bit, and people greet her, thank her, some applause and others even thank me.

After we're through that section, Y/N takes a deep breath and knocks on the Captain's door.

"Smitty! I told you countless times. If there's a problem with your patrol car, you need to ask Caroline no- Kiddo?" He finally realizes, raising his head to look at us and also allowing us to see his face.