Missions

Y/N's POV:

A whole year. It's been a whole year since the one and only Natasha Romanoff left me, and I still can't get  get over it. I still drink every night, I'm still depressed every night, I'm still pathetic every night and every night, no matter what I do... I can't forget any of it.

Guess what? Tonight's no different. At least it started like usual, Jim automatically gave me my drinks and refills when I asked, he stopped trying to moderate those for a while now, he doesn't have the patience to fight with me anymore. Every time he looks at me all his eyes are filled with is pity. He gave up on me, but I guess I did that first so I can't blame him.

A girl or 2 tried to get me in their beds, which still happens, surprisingly enough knowing I probably look like dog shit right now. Anyways, I politely-ish refused their offers like I do most of the time. What's the use of sleeping with a woman while thinking about another one?

I spend my next beer thinking about that until, out of the corner of my eye, I see someone lean on the counter right next to me and after a few seconds they turn my way. I pay no mind to it, figuring they would just go way if I do so.

"Anderson...Anderson! Anderson look up godamnit!" I finally recognize the voice of a man I never thought would one day show up in here.

I look his way to see if it's really him "Bill?"

"Who else?" He answers smugly smiling as he takes a seat next to me

"Didn't expect to see you in a gay bar" I voice my main thought

"Ditto" He replies sounding just as surprised "About that... You're sure there aren't any homos that'll come and flirt with me? I mean, you know I'm not homophobic or anything, but I won't push-" He starts whispering uncomfortably. Who wants to flirt with this guy in the first place?

"Turner, I'm willing to admit I got nothing to do with my free time, but I still don't have time for this shit. So please, fuck off." I dismiss my partner, getting enough of these comments at work.

"No! I'm not here to be like that at all. I uh..." He sighs before finding the courage within him to say it. " I'm here because I'm worried about you"

I scoff, that's a funny one I gotta say. "I just told you Turner, don't waste my time" Is the only answer I have for him as I finish my drink and lean on the other side of the bar to take another beer Jim has always ready for me.

"I'm serious Y/N! Your life has gone haywire this year, we practically solved nothing, you show up late 75% of the time, sometimes drunk and  you flirted with a witness!" He lists

"No, I believe I slept with her" I correct proudly, remembering the small red-head as I take another sip. But Bill quickly stops the memory playing in my brain by yanking the bottle out of my hands " Hey! I'm drinking that" I comment sending him a death glare

"And I'm tired of making sure your shit doesn't get noticed by the Captain Pierce!" He spits while blocking me from my alcohol.

As the words sink in my brain, I stop fighting "What the fuck happened to you?" Since when is this guy the responsible type?

He takes a dee breath like he's mentally preparing himself to speak and I realize this is going to get serious "My partner, well, the one I had before you..." He starts emotionally, clearing his throat like it'll change it "He was a lot like me, carefree, simple, annoying, but we'd always get the job done. I-I never thought he was in the corrupted ones along side Captain Olsen. I was so angry, he took a bullet from me in that fight... and now he's in jail. The worst part is that..." He takes a swig of my beer, before going on "My wife left me for that, turns out he was screwing her on top of that." As the man speaks, I instantly understand how annoying I probably was when we first teamed up. "That's when they told me the 5 year old running around with a medal was my new Jeff. How I hated you." He chuckles "It was insane."