Skills

Nat's POV:

We've settled in pretty well with the new team, plenty of things are being done, mostly to prepare this team for a world threat since we never know when those happen nowadays. But my main focus is to train Wanda the right way.

Vision knows so much there's practically nothing I can teach him, just simply let my girlfriend help him e his teamwork knowledge and skills.

The 2 ex-military know a lot, and when I have something to say, I'm not scared they'll get hurt by my bluntness.

But Wanda's different. She's young and doesn't have any experience. I'm scared of being too harsh, but would rather have the kid hating me than have her die by my fault.

Luckily I got my Y/N by my side to help me every step of the way.

"Oh shit!" My focus snaps back to the ring, I feel slight panic going through me as my girlfriend says these words. She's sat against the ropes. "Alright. Yeah, okay, that's nice. I'll just stay here a sec."

"I'm sorry!" The Sokovian shouts. Still shy after all this time.

"Don't be. That's what we want you to do, you should've been even harsher." The moment the sentence is out of my mouth, I feel a pair of eyes glaring through me, but you brush it off smiling...Too harsh, got it.

"But you're my teammates." The girl comments. Her accent doesn't peak closely as much as before, it's good, we've been working on that too.

"If you pull your punches too much in practice, you'll do that in the field too." I argue hopping on the stage. I offer my hand for help woman I love and she gladly takes it to stand back up. "Take a break darlin'. You deserve it." I say, pecking her lips.

"I love you." She replies lovingly. "And you got this! Kick her ass for me." She adds, stepping aside so she's looking at the girl behind me to say this. Traitor.

She runs out of the ring before I can keep her in place. "You're lucky I love you too!" I say, though it sounds threatening, it's not very much. She knows I can never do anything no about it. I always fall for those pretty eyes.

A minute later, Y/N's off to refill our water bottles and we're back to work with Maximoff.

"Can I ask you a question?" She says with more confidence than usual, it surprises me quite a bit.

"As long as you keep trying to hit me." I reply, dodging one of said hit.

"Why didn't you want me to know you were the one who brought me meals?" The question catches me off guard and I almost get touched by one of the girl's kicks.

"I-I don't mind you knowing. Nod focus you missed an opportunity there."

"Then why do h always avoid the subject?" She says putting her guard down to talk seriously.

...I do tend to talk about something else when it's brought up.

I push her lightly so she goes in a fighting stance, but she only crosses her arms. "I'm serious Natasha." Why does she still call me that?

"I didn't see the point in telling you, it's not like I was doing it to get your attention. I was trying to keep you healthy." I brush off, dropping practice for a second.

"Well, thank you." She says, sending me a small smile.

"Like I said, I didn't do it so you'd thank me."

"Maybe I simply think you deserve to be thanked." The woman says, starting to get frustrated. I keep silent after that. "Would it kill you. To take a compliment?" Oh. That was her point...