Captive

Y/N's POV:

Once we're dropped at the HYDRA base we previously destroyed and where Natasha is now being held captive. Thor quickly breaks a few walls, allowing me and the Doctor to get in. The god leaves our sides right after, an awkward tension instantly appearing.

We slowly walk through the creepy corridors, I'm being careful for any robot's presence as I feel us getting closer to Nat. And Bruce is... he's following.

"Can I ask you a question?"

"I'm sorry Banner, but this isn't exactly the right time." It's true, it's a good excuse, right? Keeping the 2 of us alive is quite a handful.

"Why don't you like me?" I freeze, unsure if I should laugh or scoff.

" 'T was a funny one, I gotta admit." I mumble as I keep going.

"I-I was being serious." He says confused.

"Then I won't answer, or this is going to get even weirder than it already is."

"Anderson, I'm just trying to make peace here." I stop in my tracks for a second time and turn around, looking at the annoying man.

"I don't like you because you can't keep it in your pants. Because you flirt with Natasha, often in my face. Because you just say anything that you assume she'll like and don't look at her actual reaction. I also hate that I can feel your jealousy and how much you like my girlfriend. Here's why I have such a hard time being besties with you, Bruce." I finally reveal trying to stay as calm and kind towards te man when I say these things, 'cause deep down I know he doesn't have control over some of the above.

Somehow, the information surprises him. "I-I'm sorry." He blurs out after the uni to al shock, speeding up once he realizes I've went deeper inside the building.

"You don't actually mean it, but that's okay." I brush off as I notice the hallway splitting in 2. Perfect. I hand the man a gun and he looks at me utterly confused. "You go left, I go right. If you need to tell me something, it's channel 7." I explain rapidly, gently tapping my earpiece, before heading where I can feel Nat's presence.

"Natasha?" I shout when I consider myself close enough. "Nat?"

"Y/N?" I hear her beautiful voice, bringing so much calm within me, I knew she wasn't badly injured because of our link, but to confirm it by the sound of her voice is so much better.

I start running there and finally arrive to some Ancient Greece type of cafe with the biggest metal bars I've ever seen.

"You all right?"

"Yeah." She says, looking at me with those captivating green eyes.

"The team's in the city, it's about to light up. And the twins are with us, along with a new guy." I sum up what she missed in her amount of time being held in here.

She smiles a bit. "I don't suppose you found a key lying around somewhere?" Right. Getting her out would be nice.

"Uh Anderson, there's nothing on my side." I had forgotten about him.

"She's with me Banner." I reply making Nat tilt her head. "Not my idea." I tell her. "At least if this doesn't work," I show her the secondary pistol in my hands. "he'll Hulk out on the bars."

She quickly moves out of the way and I shoot the lock, but the bullet only ricochets. Wonderful.

"Can't you find something more powerful, darling?" As she suggests it, I'm already walking around the room, trying to find some kind of HYDRA weapon but only find robot pieces and corpses. Which is pretty worrying.