Worthy?

Y/N's POV:

Eventually, the party slowly dies down, the music stops and everyone leaves but the Avengers, Rhodey and Maria.

"Guys, maybe we should start cleaning." Grandpa suggests. Is he serious?

"We can't, Thor's hammer is in the way." Hill defends jokingly.

"Whatever, it's a trick." Clint dismissed, playing with drumstick he found when the band left.

"No, no, it's much more than that." Thor argues smugly.

"Ah, whosever be he worthy shall have the power." Barton says dramatically. "It's a trick man!" The human guy insists making the god laugh.

"Please be my guest." He challenges.

Everyone's attention is now on this, I even sit up, curious of what could happen.

"Really?" Barton makes sure the hammer's owner is okay with this while he stands up.

"Yeah!"

"Oh this is going to be beautiful." Rhodey mumbles, a few of us laughing.

"Clint, you had a tough week. We won't hold it against you if you can't get it up." I roll my eyes at Stark's allusion.

"You know I've seen this before, right?" Barton says confidently, while Thor just patiently waits for him to fail.

Of course, that's exactly what happens. Barton tries to pull in the weapon, but it doesn't move an inch and he quickly gives up.

He laughs it off. "I still don't know how you do it!"

"Smell the silent judgment?" Tony teases.

"Please, Stark, by all means!" The unworthy guy says. He is about to get an unworthy buddy, I can feel it.

The billionaire then stands up, everyone commenting something about his fancy and confident walk to the hammer.

"Never one to shrink from an honest challenge. It's physics." He states simply, putting the safety thingy at the base of the handle. "Right, so, if I lift it, I then rule Asgard?"

"Yes, of course." Thor says, not even worried about it.

"I will be reinstituting prima nocta." The small smile I had on instantly falls and I throw my shoe at him.

"Ow! That hit my shoulder Anderson!"

"Eat shit, Stark." Nat fist bumps me and kisses my cheek right after.

Happily enough, the silence that follows gets this moment a lot more light hearted, since we spent the next 20 minutes looking at Tony and James struggling their ass off.

"I think we just found someone more stubborn than you." Nat bites jokingly.

"I'm stubborn. That's not stubbornness, it's plain stupidity." I counter.

When they finally give up, the team convinces Bruce to try and lift it. The man places a foot on the table and pulls screaming and lets go of the handle as soon as it doesn't work, faking a Hulk transformation. It's so awkward he even gets a pity smile out of me.

He clears his throat. "Captain, you're up." The Doctor says, going back to his seat.

Said man, stands up smirking and rolling his sleeves up. "Go ahead, Steve. No pressure." The billionaire teases.

"Come on, Cap!" Barton cheers as he places both his hands on it. He pulls and I'm practically sure the hammer just moved, but I may have hallucinated, because his second effort leads to nothing and the Cap humbly gives up? Is he half worthy?