Forgive And Move On

Y/N's POV:

Without anymore information from their cold hearted ass, I grab Natasha's hand and walk away. As we go towards the exit, and eventually to George's house, I notice my girlfriend's uneasiness, like she doesn't know if she should talk, try to comfort me, or just let me live my feelings.

To get that stress off her shoulders, I decide to share what's going on inside my mind.

"I don't think they ever were the ones I considered as my parents, regardless of the name I gave them. I mean, they rarely act as such. Why would I care about their opinion when George did everything?" Nat nods slowly as we step outside. "They do feel guilty about what happened, but I've met a lot of people  feeling guilty of what they did in their life. Some would take it back, others would still make the same decision if they had to. My parents wouldn't change a fucking thing."

"Do you still want to stay here after all you learned?" Nat asks softly.

"Umm...Not really. I think we should go to the archery station this afternoon and leave tomorrow morning, what's you think?"

"Whatever makes you happy." She replies smiling smalls and kissing my cheek.

Soon enough I'm knocking on his house's front door. He opens carelessly, phone in hand, close to his ear. "No, it's not okay! The Andersons want the v-" I don't know what he sees once he looks at me, but it definitely got him worried. "We'll talk later." He says firmly, hanging up. "What's wrong? What happened? Are you okay? Why are you crying?" He throws all these questions  at me, while grabbing both of my hands and dragging me inside.

I should've guessed the redness around my eyes wouldn't instantly disappear.

"I-I-" I start without really knowing what to begin with.

He sits me on the couch softly, but he's clearly panicking, I can feel and see it. "Come on, you can tell me anything mini Anderson!" He encourages. "Did She do somethin'?" He asks, accusingly pointing to Nat who's standing behind the sofa like she's my bodyguard. "If she did, I swear I'll try and land a hit on her... and leave on a stretcher." He jokes, making the 3 of us smile.

"No. She did nothing but wonderful things." I say, taking a deep breath right after. "My-My parents told me everything." I reveal, making him frown in confusion. "They're not my parents, I was taken and I'm the result of awful decisions done consecutively." I sum up in a shaky sigh.

His face falls and within a second the man is on his knees, shamefully looking down. "I'm sorry Y/N. I'm so sorry, I wanted to tell you everything, I swear. Please forgive me." He begs as a cold dear falls on my pants.

Why didn't my parents react like this, or at least asked me to forgive them? Or say sorry? They didn't apologize. Why can't he be my father?

"Why didn't you?" I ask, without any anger. His sadness gets to me and I'm about to start crying too.

I hear Nat walking away and see the man in front of me nodding thankfully. "HYDRA threatened your parents and your parents threatened their employees! I've been working here for decades, this is all I know. I would've lost my job, my house, but most importantly my daughter."

I can't contain the tears anymore when the last word leaves his mouth. I hug him as we both cry, aching to see one another hurt.

"If...huh, if it can help you forgive me, I did try and run away with you one of the few times you came here with HYDRA, but you weren't really you. You fought me every time and damn are you a better fighter than I am!" He jokes sadly, letting go of me to look in my eyes, but I can't see shit with all these tears and I guess he's no better.