Questions

Nat's POV:

It's been a bit less than an hour later that I realize she hasn't been able to sleep this whole time, probably too much going on in her mind, like me. I can't do nothing more than hug her tighter to comfort her.

"Do you want to see what's up with my window?" She suddenly asks after a few more minutes. I had forgotten about that weird window that somehow hides something about her parents.

"Do you want to tell me?" I ask because, that's what matters in the end.

"I'd like to get it off my chest, yeah." She mumbles almost unsure.

I slowly let go of her waist and we both stand up and meet in front of her window. She sighs loudly and motions for me to open it.

I pull on the operator handle that has no reason to be there and the case hiding the mechanism automatically comes with, revealing 9 buttons with numbers written on them.

Y/N types in a code. "1994. Thats the year you blacked out." I think out loud and she nods slowly.

The mechanism needs a few seconds to work but eventually does. 2 boards com sliding in from each side, advancing towards us and finally sliding on the wall, 2 more boards slide out from the same place and advance a bit. They 4 panels now together, they form one huge board where an endless investigation seems to be going on.

In its center, the question it's trying to answer stays, well, unanswered.

'What happened to me?'

I look at Y/N who's rereading the things she had found, still trying to find something new.

The sight is heartbreaking, really. "How long did you work on this?" I ask, my voice surprisingly unsteady.

"Umm a year, I think. After that uh... I gave up and moved to New York." Her voice is cracking, she's so close to breaking into tears, but can't authorize herself to let go. "I was convinced something was wrong with me, that I was going completely insane."

I hug her and she puts her arms tightly around me, resting her head on top of mine, relaxing her body. "You weren't darling. Do you want to talk to me about what you found at the time and how it could make more sense with what we know now?" I suggest and she nods.

We spent a few hours in the night trying to decipher all of it.

For example, her parents said she wasn't here often because she was at some boarding school for the gifted, which Mathieu, George and a few others confirmed. The thing is, she did her research on said school and it closed on 2003. Therefore a year before she would've finished her studies there.

Plus, my girlfriend speaks a total of 10 languages. She learned French and English with her family, fine, but she has no idea how she learned the 8 others. Her parents also say the school taught her those, but the school's program only offered 3 of those...

"Small incoherences like this went on and on, about the sports she'd practice, her behavior, her hairstyle, any seemingly insignifiant little things about her, people would have different answers. Yet, she couldn't prove anything was actually wrong.

We ended up getting real tired and it took me a few minutes to convince her to let go, she'll probably have all the answers tomorrow anyway. At least I hope, I'll do everything so it turns out like so.

I wake up to Y/N turning around and snuggling her nose in my neck while sleeping. Cute. She seems peaceful for once, so much that I don't dare move a single muscle in my body. I simply take in her flawless body, I could do it for hours on and on. I lover her so much.