Brutal

Nat's POV:

The way back to the tower goes about the same as when we went. The only major difference is that I spend  it listening to Y/N complaining about me checking up on her instead of her soft humming.

Her fight was long, she took a few hits, probably nothing extreme, but I need to make sure it's actually nothing too bad. Plus, this check up will determine whether  I kill this guy after the interrogation or I kill him painfully.

"Nat get over it, I'm fine! I even put some ice over the ice like you so badly wanted." She complains again, getting out of the jet and in the building's elevator.

"I didn't say anything." I defend neutrally, and it's true, I haven't said a word about possible injuries in the last half of the ride.

She scoffs. "I know. You're keeping it all inside because you think it'll annoy me, but you're so worried about it comes out of your eyes and ears.""

We exit the elevator and get to our bedroom to get changed. Well then head down for the interrogation.

"What can I do then?" I argue calmly, crossing my arms over my chest and raising a brow. "I'm not letting you take that worry away from me, your eyes went back to normal less than an hour ago." I warn, before she even suggests it. Plus, needless to say this solution can't work in long term.

"Well what do you want me to do so you stop worrying? I allowed you to inspect me more than any doctor would've." She argues also trying to keep peace.

"I don't know." I grumble in defeat making her smile and kiss the top of my head.

This reaction only, eases me up. She stayed even calmer than I in this situation, which rarely happens. I'm proud of her.

"We'll both have to work on that because as much as we love each other, I really doubt either of us will agree to stop going on missions 'cause the other's worried." She's right, this would only end up in an argument. "Think of when I worked for N.Y.P.D., you weren't half as scared."

It's true. Her working as a cop didn't stress me out. Maybe because I always felt like she was over qualified and I had yet to know she meant everything to me. But now, even with our powers, the dangers real, and I can't lose her.

Shortly after, I brushed off the thought to focus on the interrogation.

"I'll be seeing you right after." My love says, kissing the back of my hand, once in front of the room.

Before she leaves for the room behind the mirror to watch me do my job, I grab her face softly so she stays a bit longer.

"No, you're coming with me." I state and she looks at me, confused. "We're the only ones who'll understand if he decides to mumble in French. Might as well be here to pick up on the details." I explain.

Though her reaction tells me she already knew that and isn't confused but actually has something in mind. It looks like her brain is suddenly working on a plan and I see the exact moment she knows what to do.

"I'm listening."

"We need to make him reveal his plan in French when he thinks no one will understand him." Such a brilliant mind. This could work if we manage it well.

Y/N and I a few things on non-French speakers like Barton and Rogers and come up with a plan.

Once we come back to the interrogation room, Stark's there, waiting for us I suppose. "What are you 2 doing!? Alliot's been waiting there for more than an hour!" The sometimes smart man says, annoyed.

I shoot him a death glare. "Do I ever randomly enter your lab to explain to you how your suits work?" I deadpan, the man leaving without another word.

Y/N starts laughing as soon as he leaves our sight. "That was awesome!" She squeals, making me smile.