S.H.I.E.L.D. Versus HYDRA

Nat's POV:

Not even 10 minutes later I'm leaving with Y/N and Maria to the airport, while Sam and Steve go get the captain's suit.

We're all dressed in S.H.I.E.L.D. uniforms, the plan is to switch the cars so we're the ones driving the councilwoman to the organization's H.Q.

Once there, we quickly spot the security car, the one that'll escort her to the Triskelion. I wait for them to get in the building and use that time to sabotage their vehicle and place a short range jammer in the trunk without getting noticed.

The woman arrives not so long after, surrounded by 5 agents and they rapidly understand their car won't start. They don't bother much more and simply call another escort car, not even waiting for a reply, making it perfect for us.

We wait about 15 minutes before coming in with a small S.H.I.E.L.D. car Maria somehow got us. As soon as we pull up, one of the agents comes to the car and makes Y/N -who's driving- roll down her window.

"What the hell is this!? We can't all possibly get in." He whispers angrily, looking at the back to Maria and I. We both look away to reduce the chances of him recognizing us, even with our S.H.I.E.L.D. caps.

"All the other cars were taken, I can't do anything about it." Y/N answers. "Well escort her and send someone to repair your car since you can't do it." She then improvises confidently.

"No, no, it's alright we'll handle it by ourselves. Take her." He agrees.

That's my moment to get out of the car, instantly putting sunglasses on, thinking once again my chance at being recognized. I escort the councilwoman in the car, opening the door for her.

The second we're in, Y/N drives away and Maria and I take off our 'disguise'. "You!" Harley exclaims in horror. Dramatic. "How dare you co-"

"Ugh. Yes we , now let us speak." Y/N interrupts nonchalantly as she drives, almost making me laugh.

"Pierce is HYDRA, he wants to kill millions with the project insight, so we're going to infiltrate the council by being you and stop him." I sum up rapidly.

"There's no way I'm going to-" The woman starts, clearly about to ignore our pleading, so Maria knocks her out and I look at her shocked for a second.

"What? It was taking too long, I shortened the rant." She brushes off. She's got a point, I guess.

The next step of the plan is to steal the councilwoman's clothes. It's slightly humiliating but we couldn't have guessed what she'd wear.

Hill then helps me install the technological mask on my face and Y/N decides to break the comfortable silence. "I need to ask. Were you 2 ever a thing?"

Maria looks at me smirking, like she's not exactly surprised I didn't tell the other woman, but she's happy it's obvious enough for her to have noticed. "Actually-"

"It ended before I met you." I answer coldly, not wanting my ex to say anything stupid.

"Okay?" Y/N says, clearly regretting bringing it up in the first place and instantly letting go, thankfully.

Meanwhile, the conscious woman in the back looks at me teasingly. Silently telling me to take it easy, making my eyes roll.

I'm now all set and we arrive at S.H.I.E.L.D.'s H.Q. barely a few minutes later, at the same time as all the other other council members, welcomed by Pierce himself. Perfect. Let the game begin.

We all start walking towards the building, the traitor greeting all the council members and finally me. "Miss Hawley! The most elegant of us all, how are you doing?" He asks, putting on a charming smile.