Boyfriend

A/N: ⚠️ slight mention of racism, sexism and homophobia⚠️

Y/N's POV:

I spent my whole afternoon trying to find out why did Kim get that box in such and urge and what was in it. I called Aiden, he told me it was a transport box for one of their weapon, but he also confirmed they're doing the inventory every night and none f the axes are missing. Conclusion, she hid something in that box.

"Anderson!" I hear at the same time hands harshly and loudly land on my desk. I look up to see none other than Turner's confused expression. "What are you doing?" I look at him even more confused. Him? Asking about work? Weird. "You haven't dragged me out of here for a while now. So I told Captain Pierce you were dead and that I needed a new partner, but he told me you were here." He explains as I roll my eyes, makes more sense.

"I'm working on a missing person case" I answer yawning as I point him the Camera recording on my computer

"Why do you always have to take the boring And complicated cases?" The man complains "Care to give me a resumé?" He demands when I stay silent

I take a deep breath scared of my partner's answer to what I'm about to say "Look Bill, I'm not going to beat around the bush. This woman that went missing, she's black, so if you have a problem with that I'm going to ask you to leave my sight and I'll ask a change of partn-"

"My partner's a woman...and a fag. Why would I be racist?"

"I- Being sexist, homophobic or racist aren't the same things, but intention's here I guess?" I voice my thoughts, only keeping the positive out of his sentence. I expected worse so I'll take it.

"Well I'm the 3 cases you're the biggest fucking can't alive aren't you?" He delivers his train of thought

"Bill, I think you've said the smartest sentence that has ever been" I conclude, processing the words. This man just went higher in my esteem than I though he ever could

"That's because I'm the smartest being alive" He answers smugly, the lack I d'humour in his phrase making me realize my hopes for him were a bit too high

"Don't ruin it Turner"

We then used our evening to find where Kim headed after the stop to her working place, since it surprisingly wasn't to her appartement. Only thing we managed to find out, out of all the footage is that she wasn't driving her car. A certain Jacob Jackson owned it. We stopped there for the day because rit was almost 9 PM. That's not appropriate time to go and see a man who's file says he's linked with a dangerous gang.

Next day though, that's the first place we went. I knock on his door, Turner just behind me. Once the door opens a puff of smoke hits my nostrils and I can barely keep my eyes open

"What'd you want?" The guy asks, as I look him up and down, easily noticing his dilated pupils and other signs that he is really high and stressed by the fact 2 cops are staring at him at the same time.

Though I won't arrest him, because if I did now or before we find Kim, Jacob wouldn't give me any information I want.

"We'd like to talk to Jacob Jackson" I finally request politely

"Jack! Cops wanna speak with you" The man yells leaving the door step

A young black man comes out of the house taking the other one's place, happily he's way sober "What's up?" He says nonchalantly, while closing the door for more privacy