Lemurian Star

Nat's POV:

When I pull up, the man's already there in his running gear and talking to a black man -Probably a training partner judging by his outfit- Hearing the sound of my car before seeing it, Rogers slowly slowly walks to it and I decide to tease him a bit.

I roll down the window and say "Hey, fellas. Either one of you know where the Smithsonian is? I'm here to pick up a fossil"

"That's hilarious." The aimed man replies sarcastically as he gets in the car.

"How you doing?" His partner flirts, crouching to the car's level

"Hey" I reply with the same tone

"Can't run everywhere" Steve interrupts whatever's going on to finish their previous conversation

"No, you can't" The man agrees, smiling widely. Steve then pulls up the window and I immediately start racing in between the engaged cars.

"Jesus! Romanoff! Ever heard of speed limit?" The old man in my car comments as I pass cars, driving way above said regulation.

"Never heard of it. What's that about?" I ask innocently as he rolls his eyes.

I'm about to jump into work when my passenger stops me. "What's that?" He asks me, I glance his way to see he's deeply looking at his phone.

"What's what?"

"At the end of your message, there's a colon followed by the end of a parenthesis you didn't even start." He describes cluelessly.

"It's a smile sideways, Grandpa" I reply, Nostalgia hitting me as I remember the woman who got me into her habit of smileys in texts.

"Oh. Right."

We're now in a Quinjet, flying somewhere in the Indian Ocean quite close from target. The  flight has been quiet, everyone preparing themselves on their own. But now Rumlow -Leader of the S.T.R.I.K.E. Team (A bunch of annoying dudes)- is giving us more details.

"Target is a mobile satellite launch platform, the Lemurian Star." He starts while tapping on a screen so we can all get a visual out of his words "They were sending up their last payload when pirates took 'em 93 minutes ago." I ignore the time incoherence in his infos, guessing he didn't have any update since we left D.C.

"Any demands?" Steve asks.

"Billion and a half." Rumlow answers casually.

"Why so steep?" His tone is the opposite from the one his interlocutor used.

"Because it's S.H.I.E.L.D.'s" The man states neutrally, again.

"So it's not off-course, it's trespassing." The Super Soldier next to me realizes, annoyed.

"I'm sure they have a good reason." I lightly defend, glancing his way.

"You know, I'm getting a little tired of being Fury's janitor." Cap insists frustratedly.

"Relax, it's not that complicated." I reassure knowing Fury knows something we don't.

The man uses my comment to jump on another aspect of the mission. "How many pirates?"

"25. Top mercs, les by this guy: Georges Batroc.  Ex-DGSE, action division. He's at the top of interpol's red notice." PowerPoint pro says adjusting the image to the one of the man he's talking about. "Before the French demobilized him, he had 36 kill missions. This guy's got a rep for maximum casualties" He describes.

"Hostages?" Mission leader moves on.

"Uh...Mostly techs. One officer, Jasper Sitwell. They're in the galley" Rumlow finishes.