CHAPTER 72 - BALLSY HOTEL

Even when the sun is about to set, I was still bathing in my shower of thought. I was now walking alone at the side of the street right after my discussion with Himeno was dismissed. I couldn't find Raynevere anywhere in the school.

Well, it's not like I'm looking for Raynevere right now. I need some space for my thoughts too.

I obtained more information, but everything is still in chaos. It's like I obtained the missing puzzle pieces but then I realized there are more missing pieces to create the whole picture. All those accusations against Raynevere don't sit right with me.

Himeno said that Raynevere was an official of a department of Treenity Innovations that specializes in human experimentations of mystical nanomachines. But I've never seen her name in the list of officers. I don't even think there's a human experimentation department in there.

Sure, it might be kept secret from all the stockholders of the corporation. They do not want any scandal to leak after all. But for Raynevere to be involved is much more impossible. It's not because I'm in love with her, or she's my Gladiatrix, or she is my betrothed. It's just physically impossible.

I have known Raynevere ever since we became schoolmates in high school. Her schedule in school extracurricular activities always loaded her up, especially her pageantry. She's rarely absent from class. I can tell because I often see her in the hallway of our school every morning.

At night, she would often dodo workshops for beauty contests. I think this is the only thing she does for her company because her being famous would be a marketing ploy. I heard back then that these pageantry workshops often end after midnight.

If ever she is what Himeno thinks she is, then she won't be sleeping at all since there are only a few hours left to do her "human experimentations" project.

Then again, I had doubts when Raynevere was able to be compatible with the mystical nanomachines back during the Treenity Massacre. She fully knows how a Gladiatrix operates, and her starting combat capabilities are top-notch. She said that she saw how her Grandpa fights as a Kaiser, but that doesn't explain her familiarity with using the nanomachines.

I scratched my head. I cannot be hasty as a conclusion cannot be determined at this point. I think I won't be able to sleep tonight if I keep thinking about it.

I stopped looking at the floor and raised my head. To my surprise, I saw the woman I was just thinking of. And she looked so serious. Her purple eyes are like it's about to burst into tears due to rage.

"R-Raynevere?"

"Come with me." My betrothed immediately grabbed my wrist and then dragged me from the sidewalks.

After a few seconds, we arrived at the front of Ballsy Hotel, which is decorated with white and red heart balloons and the logo is flickering under the afternoon shadow. Ballsy Hotel is a well-known boutique for lovers!

Raynevere took a deep breath, and then said: "We're going in!"

"W-W-Wait, why here!?" I freaked out.

Everything happened so fast. Raynevere and I checked in, and we got the room on the fifth floor. As soon as we got the card keys, the usher guided us to the elevator. Then, another usher assisted us to our designated room.

Then, Raynevere locked the door. She sat on the bed and I sat on the floor. I think it is intentional, but Raynevere is displaying her flawless white long legs right in front of my face. She crossed her legs, and she also crossed her arms. She glared at me as if I'm gonna melt.

I just sat on the floor like a guilty puppy who just chewed his owner's shoes. I think I will be convicted here. Especially since my eyes are fixated on her legs.

"Um, Raynevere? I-I can see-"

"You can look at it all you want." Raynevere cut me with a fierce but stable voice.

Screw it! I knew she was angry! And I know this is a test! I can only close my eyes so that I will not be labeled as a cheater, or a pervert, or whatever!

"So? What happened?" Raynevere asked in a cold tone.

"Nothing. It's not what we thought." I answered.

"I know. It was Himeno Yuusha, wasn't it?" Raynevere asked coldly once again.

"How did you know? Wait, so you watched us?"

"It's hard to miss because you two took almost an hour under the cherry blossom tree. You seem to have a good conversation."

"So you know what we talked about?" I asked with a shaking voice.

"Too bad, my cybernetic elf ears are not meant for eavesdropping," Raynevere said. "So, what did she tell you?"

Should I tell the truth? Or should I lie? I don't think I will survive another day if I choose either!