CHAPTER 91 - RAYNEVERE VS HIMENO

Everything is gloomy for this fight of the night. The audience does not like the brutality and arrogance of Himeno Yuusha, and most people are booing her from afar. But even though the crowd is against her, it's not like we have fans either.

The people have seen what the savage purple cat can do, and all the people who looked at us are giving a vibe of pity. "Will they be alright?", "Can they handle that brutal lady?", "Please try not to retire early, I kinda want to see them in the next year's Battle Fiesta, especially Raynevere!" Those are the words I heard when we were entering the arena from backstage.

On the other side of the arena are glowing eyes of red. The Cyber Cat is glaring at us with the intent to kill, not just Raynevere, but also me. Himeno must have disdained me for not giving up on Raynevere.

Himeno should have known that a little blackmailing will not damage my relationship with my betrothed at this point.

"I see that you are stubborn and stupid, Mister Chaldeas. You must love being manipulated by that monster beside you." Himeno Yuusha smirked.

All of a sudden, Raynevere clenched her fists and gritted her teeth. Her purple eyes are filled with rage.

"Miss Yuusha, I am fine if you call me a monster. But I will not let you call Elzane a stubborn and stupid person! You will get a beating from me!" Raynevere shouted.

"So let it be." Himeno Yuusha chuckled like an aristocratic antagonist. "I've been waiting a looooong time for this, Raynevere Treenity. I will finally have the chance to punish the monster I wished to slay."

Raynevere pointed her bow at Himeno, and Himeno pointed her claws at Raynevere. They may be meters apart, but nobody would ever dare to go between them. I can feel that they are already clashing in their minds.

"Oooh! This is getting heated up! Gladiatrices and Kaisers, get ready to battle!" The emcee instigated.

There was a countdown of five seconds. Four. Three. Sweat dripped on my neck. Two. One. Himeno's death glare became much more intense than before, and Raynevere returned the same stare.

Zero.

[Battle Start]

As soon as the buzzer echoed, the opponent Kaiser and I drew out five hologram cards from our Kaiser Watches. Raynevere and Himeno also jumped back to gain some distance and a precautionary measure.

Raynevere aimed her bow again and unleashed three arrows! Himeno surged forward, parried the first two arrows with her metal claws, and then dodged the last projectile! She's closing the distance at every split second!

Now, I have five cards at my disposal that can be used at any time. I have the ace on my sleeve, Combo Sword. I also have the Striker Wing, two offensive Skill Cards, and one Heal card. This is one of the best draws I ever got since the start of the Battle Fiesta.

"Rayne!" I called her name, and she looked at me. She nodded, and then surged forward to meet Himeno Yuusha at closed-range combat!

That call from before is a signal that I got our ace card, and we will be moving to our planned technique. Once Raynevere saw an opening at point-blank range, we will use the Combo Sword to finish the opponent once and for all!

"You're too cocky to face me at the closed range!" Himeno made a warcry as she pounced toward Raynevere.

Raynevere immediately shifted to the left to evade the metal claws of the Cyber Cat. Himeno slashed nothing but the air, but she did not finish with that! She chased Raynevere once again by slashing and hacking, but Raynevere dodged the attacks by somersaulting and cartwheeling backward!

"Tsk!" Himeno clicked her tongue.

All of a sudden, the opponent Kaiser Ryan Radars revealed his first Command Card!

"Activate Skill Card: Omnislash!"

Himeno Yuusha's metal claws glowed with red color and then teleported towards Raynevere! She made a swift downward slash toward the Cyber Elf's back which immediately caused damage!

"Kyuh!"

Now, I have already predicted the Omnislash patterns of attack. If the last teleportation slash was made at the back of Raynevere, then surely her next teleportation slash will be upfront! So just before Himeno could disappear once again, I already had my next card ready!

"Activate Skill Card: Combo Sword!"

As soon as Himeno reappeared right in front of the face of Raynevere, my Gladiatrix was ready. She is already holding the Combo Sword and clashed blades with the enemy!

Sparks fly as the Combo Sword and the metal claws try to slash each other out!

However, we have the upper hand as the Combo Sword stuns the enemy upon a successful hit! And since the enemy was stunned, the Omnislash was already canceled!

"Damn it!" Himeno cried as an electric surge crawled on her petite body!

"First Combo Draw!" I revealed the Command Card I drew from my deck as per Combo Sword's special effect. "I draw Skill Card: Garuda Buster!"

"Get ready, Miss Himeno!" Raynevere jumped backward and then charged flaming energy from her bow. It took only a second to fully ignite it into a phoenix arrow, ready to engulf the enemy with fire at point-blank range!