CHAPTER 120 - THE LAST NUMBERED KAISER

[Access Granted]

[Welcome, President Raynevere Treenity]

When I swiped the President's Card onto the slot, the security system commanded the doors to the grim Archive Room to open. It must have mistaken me for the corporation President as I have Rayne's card. I took a step forward, alone in the dark elevator. It's giving me the creeps just like the last time we went here, but this time I am alone.

I pressed the button, and the elevator started to go down. I might be a little scared, but this is the most secure place in the corporation establishment. The Archive Room is said to be able to withstand a nuclear apocalypse. It is like Noah's Ark for Treenity Innovations' inventions and experiments.

After what seemed like an eternity, the glass elevator door opened, revealing a wide warehouse that can fit a US Aircraft Carrier. I still wonder why they call this place the Archive Room as it is freaking huge.

I went to the console, and it immediately powered up automatically. A hologram Treenity Innovations logo popped right in front of me. The Yggdrasil AI is now activated.

"Welcome, Elzane Chaldeas How may I help you?"

I have a ton of questions that I want to ask, but never got the opportunity since I was with some people last time. It was beneficial for me that Rayne refused to accompany me in this Archive Room as it induces past trauma she had on her subconscious. But at least, I can ask confidential questions like these:

"Can you tell me what is Gawainus Treenity's goal?" I asked.

"Gawainus Treenity's goal is to summon the Elder God Mechanoss to our plane of existence. He believes that summoning the Elder God will bring advancement to the cyber mystic technology of mankind." The AI answered.

"So the real Raynevere's goals are still aligned with Gawainus Treenity's?" I asked.

"Correct. However, Raynevere's purpose is not for the advancement of humanity, but for her to be noticed by her grandfather again." The AI answered.

"Just how can this Elder God be summoned into this world?" I asked.

"As an AI intelligence model, I can only make theories and assumptions based on Raynevere Treenity's data and calculation. According to her formula, Mechanoss shall manifest in this world once she gets five codes of Numbered Kaisers, and implement the Gladiator/Gladiatrix System to a vessel."

"Vessel? Does that mean she will need a Gladiator or Gladiatrix as a human sacrifice to summon the Elder God?" I asked.

"Correct. The Vessel shall undergo a metamorphosis using a Transformation Command Card of the Gladiatrix System which shall change the code of the Gladiator or Gladiatrix into a Cyber Elder God."

I had goosebumps upon hearing that unexpected answer. Raynevere Treenity has already demonstrated how she manipulated all the codes of a Numbered Kaiser and used it to transform the Cyber Witch into a Cyber Walpurgisnacht. We have to stop that psycho before she steals the code of the other Numbered Kaisers!

"Yggdrasil, tell me the location of all the Numbered Kaisers," I said in a panic.

There were one, two, three, four, or five seconds of non-responsiveness in the AI. After that, it answered.

"I apologize, I can only track four Numbered Kaisers that appeared in the news and on the internet. Unfortunately, two of the Numbered Kaisers are now noted as deceased." The AI said.

"Tell me about these two Numbered Kaisers," I said.

"Two of the Numbered Kaisers are now deceased according to the police reports and local security footage. The first one to die was Number Six, Maximillian Huckleberry, who was a victim of a Cyberdemon attack in the Saltside Power Plant one year ago. The second one to die was Number Three, Seraphina Moonstone, who was struck by a Malware Spear by what we call the Masked Kaiser in the Saltside City Hospital. Both Numbered Kaiser's Codes are proven stolen as revealed from their autopsy."

"Shit." I covered my mouth and muttered. "How many Numbered Kaiser Codes does Raynevere Treenity possess?"

"Including the recently stolen code of Ryan Radars and Raynevere Treenity's original code, I believe that Raynevere Treenity has four codes." The AI answered.

I gritted and clenched my fists. "Just one more..." I muttered. I slammed the console with a light force, cursing myself for being too lax in the situation. Just one more move and it is a checkmate for all of us. "Tell me the location of the last Numbered Kaiser," I said.

The AI took five seconds of silence again. I had a bad feeling about it.

"...I am sorry. I cannot locate the last Numbered Kaiser even in CCTV footage in Saltside City."

"At least tell me his name and what he looks like," I begged. "Do you have any record of him?"

All of a sudden, the AI flashed a hologram picture of a beautiful woman, about the same age as mine. She has wavy long hair and hazelnut-colored eyes. I felt like I had seen this woman before.

"Irida Nanahara. According to our records, she was last seen participating in the Battle Fiesta in Bracket B."