CHAPTER 126 - TOO MANY TICKETS

Two sharp metals clanged, creating another shockwave that destroyed the serenity of the grassy hill. Sparks fly every time the Cyber Knight and the Cyber Dark Panther clash with their weapons. The sun is about to set, and its rays are giving an orange tint to the skies.

"Activate Skill Card: Fire Enchant!" Esthesia raised her Command Card high, and in an instant, her Gladiator's sword was engulfed with blazing flames!

"Activate Skill Card: Ice Enchant!" Ryan activated one of his hologram cards, and his Gladiatrix's long claws were buffed with freezing energy!

The two blades clashed once again, but this time, steam gushed out of the impact area. The whole battlefield was filled with white smoke!

Meanwhile, Rayne has been making a detour to get to the optimal position. She finally stopped running in a semicircle when she saw the two shadows in the steam clash their weapons once again. With a swift kick on the ground, Rayne boosted and went to the smoke!

"Rayne!" I cried out loud. Rushing headfirst into the smoke-filled with two angry Gladiators is asking for death!

I wanted to follow her, or even activate a Command Card, but I trust Rayne completely. She may appear cluelessly innocent, but she's not the type of person who charges in with a plan on her head.

I saw their silhouettes doing battle royale inside the smoky field. Firius clashed blades with Himeno, and Rayne entered the battle and made a mess. She charged forward and unleashed a split kick, making our sparring partners eat nothing but Rayne's heel!

"Why you!?" Himeno was the first to snap at Rayne as she unleashed a horizontal slash with her metal claws!

However, Rayne was quick enough to jump back and evade the attack! As a result of the Cyber Dark Panther's slash, the smoke dissipated and made the battlefield clear again!

"Don't interrupt us, Prez!" It is now Firius' turn to be angry at Rayne for kicking his face! He charged forward with his buster sword, ready to thrust his weapon at the sneaky Cyber Elf!

With a quick sleight of hand, Rayne fired her bow at the tiny gap of the Cyber Knight's metal boots which made his right foot impaled to the ground! So just before Firius could unleash his attack, he lost his balance and tripped!

"Gah!" Firius cried as he lay flat on the ground and kissed the grass. He was even disarmed the moment his face slammed on the floor!

Himeno was not standing idly during this confusing battle. She raised her steel claws, ready to strike Rayne to smithereens, but then the Cyber Elf had something on her sleeve... or more literally, on her floor.

Quick on her reflexes and wits, Rayne kicked the buster sword lying on the ground and then blocked the first strike. For Himeno's second claw attack, Rayne caught the handle of the sword and used the weapon to parry the Cyber Dark Panther's assault!

Rayne's proficiency in using any kind of weapon has amazed me ever since I made her a Gladiatrix. At first, I thought that he was just trained by her Grandpa, but I learned from the Yggdrasil AI that Rayne possesses the genes that are the most compatible with the Gladiatrix System nanomachines. Her battle mastery using any weapons at her disposal is already top-notch, and we didn't even count that we practiced against Master Siferas by only using a wooden sword.

"Wha-!?"

Before Himeno could utter a complaint, Rayne unleashed a swift roundhouse kick on her face! Himeno was put to the ground, unfazed, because her Cyber Dark Panther armor was protecting her from any incoming damage.

But before Himeno could raise her head and get back to the fight, Rayne unleashed arrows to pin her pink-haired twintails on the ground!

"Ouch! My scalp!" Himeno cried as she tried to forcibly raise her head, but Rayne added more arrows to nail her hair down.

After seven arrows on Himeno's hair, she could no longer move.

"Phew!" Rayne wiped off the sweat from her forehead. "That was a lot of work, but still manageable nonetheless!"

"How dare you interrupt our fight, you shrewd bitch!" Himeno cried out loud. Looks like the hostility she bears against Rayne during the Battle Fiesta went back.

Rayne stretched her arms up in the air as if she had just woken up, and then she bent over and looked at the poor purple cat.

"Oh, I'm sorry~" Rayne scoffed with sarcasm. "Did I make your hair dirty?"

While Rayne was doing her seductively teasing pose, Firius took this chance to remove the arrows pinning his boot on the ground, and then charged at the Cyber Elf with nothing but his armored fists!

"Hraaaaah!"

In an instant, Firius was met with pain as Rayne unleashed a spinning kick to put him down on the ground for the second time.

"Gwah!"

Rayne stood tall in front of her defeated enemies and put her hands on her hips, ready to unleash a very long schooling.

"If you only worked together, you ought to have a chance of beating me, no matter how little it was," Rayne said arrogantly as she started to laugh like a villainess.

"Grrrrrr!" Both the redhead knight and the purple cat snarled at their President.

"I got a great idea for you two." Rayne smiled gracefully and raised her index finger. "Instead of fighting against each other to see who is stronger, why not team up and fight against me? The Gladiator or Gladiatrix who gets to defeat me will be heralded as the stronger between you two."

"Isn't it easier if we just kill each other?" Himeno asked.

"You really are a psycho, you kitty cat." Firius gave his side comment.

"Then let's spice up the prize more!" Rayne smiled wildly. "Whoever takes the last hit on me or my Kaiser will win a ticket to Hawaii for two! It's a paid vacation leave!"

"Hawaii!?" Himeno gasped.

"F-For two!?" Ryan followed.

"It's paid!?" Esthesia asked.

"Vacation Leave!?" Firius said.

"That's right!" Rayne grinned. "And the loser will be slapped by the winner in the face!"

"Let's do this sparring match then!" All the four answered with enthusiasm.

Meanwhile, I'm just here in the corner, asking myself why the hell does Rayne have a lot of tickets to Hawaii.