CHAPTER 78 - COMBO DRAW!

Fun fact: most Command Cards will not activate if the Gladiator/Gladiatrix is not equipped with a weapon. For example, we cannot use Garuda Buster Card since creating a flaming phoenix requires a weapon to channel. Raynevere can do it with her bow, and Firius can do it with his sword. Whatever weapon you choose doesn't matter as long as you can channel it.

I have the Garuda Buster Card on my hand. It is a good finishing move, but since Raynevere was stripped out of her bow, I can no longer use it. The only remedy I have left is to equip my Gladiatrix with Equip Command Cards, which is unfortunately absent in this case. I only have Skill Cards on my hand.

"You are dead now, baby!" Rocky the Rockstar strummed, and an annoying electric guitar beat roared in the Colosseum.

"Oooooh yeaaah!" Freddie Alakazam swiped his long pompadour hair and then swiped one of the hologram cards floating in front of him. "This will be the chorus of our rock! Activate Skill Card: Lightning Enhancement!"

As soon as Freddie Alakazam revealed his Command Card, a bolt of lightning struck Rocky the Rockstar's electric guitar! All of a sudden, the said guitar glowed yellow, and its shape turned into a lightning bolt! Rocky the Rockstar's strums became faster and heavier as he bopped his head and his curly afro hair looked like pompoms!

"Yeeeah baby~!" Rocky the Rockstar gripped the neck of his lightning guitar and surged forward, ready to attack Raynevere!

Raynevere tumbled backward and to the left to widen the distance between us. It is a tactic of my Gladiatrix to lessen the probability of having the enemy hit us both. By doing this, she is the only one prone to the attack.

My Gladiatrix is in a pinch, but it made me happy for the reason that the enemy has activated all their three Command Cards for this fight. That means no more surprises nor ace on their sleeve moment. They have already decided to go all-out in this battle!

"You lovebirds are going home now!" Freddie Alakazam smiled brightly.

As soon as the enemy Kaiser spoke, Rocky, the Rockstar pivoted his heel and changed his trajectory. Now his target is me and not Raynevere!

"Bet you didn't see this coming!" Rocky the Rockstar charged forward!

"No. The concert is over for you two." I said with confidence. "Listen, rockstars. I will defeat you two with five Command Cards."

"Five Command Cards? Oh yeah? How can you do that? The Battle Fiesta rules only permit a Kaiser to use three Command Cards per battle! Are you going to violate the rules!?" Freddie asked.

"Watch and learn!" I smiled as I swiped one of the Command Cards! "First, Activate Skill Card: Combo Sword!"

A plain white sword materialized on Raynevere's right hand. She charged to intercept the attacker who is closing into my position, but then her route was blocked by an electric field!

"Second, Activate Skill Card: Blink Strike!" I shouted out loud.

All of a sudden, Raynevere teleported right at the back of the charging rockstar! Rocky immediately felt Raynevere's presence, so he swung his lightning guitar around his body!

"Hyaaah baby!"

With his full force, Rocky the Rockstar used his lightning guitar to smash nothing but air! Raynevere was able to dodge by jumping up and spinning gracefully in midair! As soon as the Cyber Elf landed, she immediately ducked to avoid getting hit by the lightning guitar!

"You're wide open!" Raynevere shouted as she immediately sliced the enemy directly with the Combo Sword!

"Ouch, baby!" Rocky the Rockstar cried.

The Combo Sword does not do much damage, so Rocky the Rockstar is not even hurt when he got hit. But there is a reason why Combo Sword is an Ultra Rare Command Card that was given by Master Siferas herself.

The first hit of the Combo Sword stuns the enemy and makes me draw one Command Card from the deck. If I draw a Skill Card, it will be activated automatically as a Combo!

"Third! I draw a Skill Card: Rail Blaster!" I revealed my next card!

Raynevere charged the Combo Sword with green wind energy, then unleashed it on Rocky the Rockstar in a form of a magical beam!

"Gyaaaah!" The rockstar cried.

"That is not over yet! Since I drew a Skill Card, the Combo Sword gives me another chance to draw another card! And if it is a Skill Card, it will automatically be activated again until I draw a non-Skill Card!" I declared.

"W-What!? That's an unfair card!" Freddie Alakazam cried.

"Fourth! I draw a Skil Card: Wind Somersault!" I revealed my next card!

Raynevere somersaulted and kicked the enemy rockstar right in the chin!

"Gwaaaah! This is cheating, baby! I'm still stunned!" The afro man cried. His teeth also fell off because of Raynevere's powerful somersault kick!

Rocky the Rockstar lay flat on the ground completely defeated. The electric field around wore off, and the enemy Gladiator's lightning guitar turned back into a normal guitar. Rocky the Rockstar will need more time to get up, so I have to continue this opportunity!

"Fifth and last! I draw Skill Card: Homing Arrow!"

Raynevere did a thrusting attack with the Combo Sword pointed at the enemy Kaiser, and a huge magical arrow was unleashed!

The pompadour guy can only stare at the magical arrow going in his direction. He's just too awed to react. His jaws are hanging, and there is snot on his nose.

"This is bad, oh yeah."

And then, the magical arrow hit the vocalists' pompadour. It cushioned the impact, but it was still a headshot so he dropped unconscious on the ground.

[Battle Ended]

"And the winner for the first fight of the night is none other than Raynevere Treenity and her Kaiser Elzane Chaldeas!"