CHAPTER 130 - PALADIN AND BERSERKER

"And now, for our next fight for this Battle Fiesta, is no other than the pristine beauty Irida Nanahara and her knight in shining armor, Arth Victus!" The emcee proclaimed.

It's time for our rivals to take the stage. Irida entered the arena in a composed manner and an unerasable smile on her face. The same goes for Arth. They did not greet the audience, but their aura was bright and friendly. I immediately took note of these observations for our future encounter.

Arth Victus is a Cyber Paladin, and he is covered in white spiky armor from neck to toe. His weapon is a giant tower shield which should be at least as heavy as an SUV car. I have known that Cyber Paladins have enhanced strength above their agility and intelligence, so fighting him raw without any Command Cards will be tough.

"For the other corner, they will be fighting the mighty gutsy duo Gero Eberhart and Gunther Siefrith!" The emcee shouted.

Irida's opponents have also shown themselves on the battlefield. Gero Eberhart, the Kaiser, is an old man with a brown complexion. He is wearing a Viking helmet and armor that can be considered antique and should have been displayed in the museums.

Gunther Siefrith, the Gladiator, is a giant- towering about eight feet tall. He is bulked with scarred muscles from biceps to thighs. He has no clothing except for a wolf pelt that serves as his boxers and broken chained cuffs on his wrists and ankles. This guy has a dark cold expression on his face, and it is more scary that his eyes are gleaming red.

This monster is a Cyber Berserker, who is wielding a giant spiked mace. I have heard that Cyber Berserkers are the Gladiators that are the closest to becoming Cyberdemons as these Cyber Berserkers traded their sanity for the mystical nanomachines' power. I have heard that these monsters also take drugs to enhance the mystical nanomachines' effect on their body.

Both Kaisers and Gladiators went to their ready positions. Arth stomped his shield forward, and Irida gracefully swiped her Kaiser Gauntlet to materialize five hologram cards. Their opponent Kaiser did the same, but the Cyber Berserker remained motionless.

"Let the battle begin!" The emcee announced out loud. As a response, the audience went nuts.

[Battle Start]

The first one to act was Kaiser Gero, as he immediately swiped one of the Command Cards on his arsenal and revealed it!

"Activate Skill Card: Battle Sense!"

Blue aura engulfed the still-standing Cyber Berserker, and his crimson eyes turned to calm blue. The animosity of the monster immediately faded, and its aura became less hostile too.

Battle Sense is a basic Skill Card that enhances the senses of a Gladiator in combat. It also involves strengthening the mind of the Gladiator, making it able to think five times faster in the middle of the battle.

I have seen this Cyber Berserker's battles during my research on our next opponents. Kaiser Gero always used the Battle Sense Skill Card first thing in the fight to stabilize the mind of his Gladiator. A Cyber Berserker does not respond to commands after all.

"Graaaaah!" Arth finally made his move by charging forward, his tower shield first! Even with his bulky armor set and heavy weapon, he managed to close in at a distance of thirty meters in just three seconds!

As soon as the Cyber Paladin was at point-blank range, he jumped towards the head of the giant Cyber Berserker and slammed his shield on its face! A powerful shockwave echoed around the coliseum, and it was a clean direct hit!

However, the Cyber Berserker was unfazed. It didn't even flinch and took the hit like a champ!

"Destroy him, Gunther!" Kaiser Gero shouted out loud as he raised his second Command Card! "Activate Equip Card: Olympian Warhammer!"

The Cyber Berserker's left hand materialized a giant golden warhammer. This type of weapon has long handles and is typically wielded with two hands, but since Gunther has gigantic arms, he can wield his mace on his right hand, and his Warhammer on his left!

"Raaaaaaaah!" The Cyber Berserker roared as he swiftly smashed his Warhammer straight into the Cyber Paladin!

Arth was quick to reposition his shield towards his upper front, and he managed to block the attack! However, the impact of the hammer and the shield clashing was so powerful that the shockwave of this clash managed to create a small crater below their battleground!

This Gladiator Battle has now turned into a contest of strength and durability!

However, the Cyber Berserker has a big advantage in terms of these things!

"Guh!" Arth gave in and redirected the force of the impact directly below him. Because of this, he lost his balance and fell to his knees as soon as she landed back on the ground!

"Raaaaaaah!" The Cyber Berserker Gunter roared once again as he jumped up in the skies, ready to smash his Warhammer and mace at the same time!

Even with Arth's armor and shield, I doubt he will be unscathed by the giant monster's assault. That Cyber Berserker's attack would have weighed a couple of tons to shatter him to smithereens! This will be the end of Arth if he does not have any counter for this next attack!

However, Irida was ready. She was quite nervous when Arth was unable to take the last attack from the berserker, but she managed to calm herself down and think of a better way out of this situation.

She gracefully swiped her second Command Card and revealed it out loud!

"Activate Equip Card: Energy Saber!"

Arth immediately let go of his shield, and another weapon materialized in his grasp! It was the hilt of a sword, which immediately unleashed a laser that shaped itself into a plasma blade!