CHAPTER 85 - SEPPOKU BERSERKER

The drill hurricane has a hue of red that probably resembles the samurai armor and the crimson blade of the opponent Gladiator. As this gargantuan calamity approaches, Raynevere decided to retreat up in the skies, hoping that the enemy cannot reach her there.

From the coliseum, it looks like the Cyber Elf was a reverse meteor that instead of crashing down to earth, is surging up in the skies. She is followed by a reverse tornado with the speed of a rocket ship that is about to pierce through the stratosphere!

"Raynevere!" I cried out loud. But she will never hear me from this distance.

There was an explosion up in the skies. The rising meteor collided with the upside-down hurricane, and now they are both falling! It's not just falling, it looks like both of them are going to crash in this very arena at full speed!

I had a glimpse of what was happening. Raynevere's left Striker Wing was damaged, maybe because of the explosion from the stratosphere. But even still, she was able to control her flight downwards.

"Brace for impact!" Raynevere warned.

As soon as I saw the drill tornado crashing on the ground, I covered my face with my arms. There was a shockwave upon the impact, and earth chunks and clouds of dust flew around as a result!

It took three seconds before the dusty smoke cleared out, and we all saw the Cyber Elf and Cyber Samurai holding their ground at the crater that marked the center of the arena. I don't know how Raynevere did it, but she managed to evade the drill hurricane just before the crash.

However, both of Raynevere's Striker Wings are no longer functional. It's nothing but clumps of crumpled metals at this rate, so she released it to the ground.

On the other hand, the Cyber Samurai opponent is standing still. One of his crimson katanas was stabbed on the ground. He pulled it out, but then the blade broke. Only the handle was recovered by the silent samurai.

"Sacrificing your wings to destroy one of our katanas is one of the best decisions you could ever have." The opponent Kaiser said.

Raynevere just replied with a smile as she readied her bow with another set of arrow barrages.

Thinking about it, I don't know the deal about those crimson katanas. I don't know why Raynevere decided to sacrifice Striker Wing just to disable one of the opponent's weapons. I lack a battle instinct, so I will leave those decisions to her.

I should focus on watching the enemy Kaiser as he is about to move!

Kaiser Shinsengumi Kuro swiped one of the Command Cards on his arsenal and then revealed it up in the skies.

"Activate Skill Card: Blood Seppuku!"

All of a sudden, the opponent Cyber Samurai raised his katana upside down, and then stabbed his stomach! Blood splattered everywhere and people like me who witnessed this gory turn of events squirmed in disgust and pain!

"W-Why did you even do that?" I asked.

"You'll see, Elzane-san." The opponent Kaiser smiled.

As soon as the Cyber Samurai withdrew the katana from his stomach, the crimson blood stains on the blade started to glow with dark energy! I was also surprised to see the Cyber Samurai's eyes glowing red through his demon-like mask!

Soon after, the dark aura engulfed the Cyber Samurai whole! This turned out to be a horror movie monster real quick!

"Activate Skill Card: Heal!" The opponent Kaiser has used his third and final Command Card.

At that instant, the Cyber Samurai's wounds, including the one he incurred by doing Blood Seppuku healed!

"I may be out of Command Cards, but I already have my trump card in play. Get them, Yorimitsu!" The opponent Kaiser shouted.

Without any reply, the Cyber Samurai ran forward with unbelievable speed! His steps are as nimble as those of a cheetah even though he is covered with heavy samurai armor! Is this what the Blood Seppoku is all about!?

If I don't act fast, he will be able to reach Raynevere and me in no time!

"Activate Skill Card: Unlimited Arrow Force!"

Raynevere aimed at the enemy, and a blue magical shield was created. In an instant, the magical shield unleashed continuous and unlimited projectiles of energy bullets that blasted toward the enemy!

The Cyber Samurai deflected one, two, three, four, or five arrows per second with every swing of his bloodied katana. The Unlimited Arrow Force unleashes seven arrows every time, in a personnel-sized area of effect.

Two arrows managed to pierce the opponent's shoulder and knee, but it was not enough to even slow the enemy's charge down! It's like the enemy is immune to pain and staggering to all the hits he sustained!

"Is he some kind of berserker!" I cried.

With one leap, the Cyber Samurai disregarded being struck by energy arrows to his body! He raised his katana ready to chop Raynevere in one strike!

"Haaaaah!" The Cyber Samurai finally shouted!

In an instant, the katana's blade struck through the Cyber Elf clean!