CHAPTER 117 - GLARE OF PITY

It was a pitiful downhill of life from the real Raynevere Treenity from then on. For the next couple of years, the clone lived a normal high school life, full of fun and achievements. Rayne made a lot of friends, performed well academically, became a beauty queen and a model, and found recognition from her clan and the company.

The same is opposite for the real Raynevere. She continued her human experimentations and created new variants of Cyberdemons. Gawainus gave her some "toys" to play with in the form of adopted orphans who had no parents or family. Raynevere Treenity created Numbered Kaisers with these orphans, and one of them is Ryan Radars. She was holed up in the Archive Room of the corporation, never to resurface ever again.

"If I complete the Cyberdemon Obedience project and use the Numbered Kaiser's codes, I will be able to summon the Elder God to our plane of existence! Grandpa will notice me again!" Raynevere Treenity thought to herself.

However, that was not the case. As the clone took the place of Raynevere Treenity, the real person has slowly been forgotten over time. Nobody noticed that the real one was replaced by the clone. Not even her parents knew that she was already replaced. Only Gawainus knows.

That is when Raynevere Treenity completely snapped and went full batshit. She destroyed the experimentation room and freed all the Cyberdemons she has been experimenting with for the past years. Raynevere killed all people who are involved with the human experimentation projects, including Himeno Yuusha's parents.

Yet, she did not anticipate that amidst the chaos in the corporation, the Numbered Kaisers- orphans with special calculation talents involving the Gladiatrix System, took advantage of it and made the great escape. It was an uncalculated variable on her part, as she needed the codes of the Numbered Kaisers for her grand plan of summoning the Elder God.

The Cyberdemon attacks for the past two years are orchestrated by only one person- Raynevere Treenity. She used these monsters to slaughter the escaped Numbered Kaisers and steal their codes. When she retrieved three of the higher Numbered Kaiser Codes, she launched an attack on the Treenity Village, to massacre the whole clan that completely forgot about her existence.

[Neurolink Simulations Terminating in 3... 2... 1...]

<>

When I opened my eyes, I realized that I am back in the real world. The simulations created by the Gladiatrix System somewhat overloaded my brain as it felt like a new whole set of memories had been injected into me. My head is even throbbing painfully.

"Ah..." I grunted as I held my feverish forehead.

Those things I just saw... are the memories of the unmasked Kaiser- Raynevere Treenity. When Rayne made physical contact with her, it must have bugged out the mystical nanomachines in her veins and connected it to Raynevere Treenity's brain, causing the Gladiatrix System to glitch out and show those memories.

I tried blinking twice and thrice. I am still fully alert, as I know that I am in the middle of the battle. My eyes finally regained their high-definition clearness of vision, and saw the two Rayneveres lying on the ground. My Gladiatrix is no longer on her Cyber Fairy Queen Transformation as she is fully unconscious.

"Rayne!" I cried out loud as I tried to rush to them. The distance is about ninety meters, and I am not sure if Rayne could hear my shouts. To be sure, I shouted her nickname once again. "Rayne, wake up!"

The first to wake up is not the Rayne I wanted to see. The Raynevere who went up was the one with the burnt scars on her face. She held her head as if she also suffered the same headache that I had. But slowly and surely, she began standing up with her weakened knees.

"You again, you damned clone!" Raynevere Treenity roared, and then kicked her unconscious clone's stomach!

"Rayne!" I cried out loud. The distance is about fifty meters! I have to get there, fast!

Meanwhile, Raynevere Treenity is glaring at her clone with disgust and disdain. She gritted and started kicking the unconscious Cyber Elf mercilessly!

"You took everything from me, and now even my memories too!? Just how much will you steal from me, you damned clone!"

The psychotic Raynevere stomped my fiance's body over and over again. This time, I was enraged and charged at full force!

"Get away from her!" I cried out as I lunged with a punch!

However, Raynevere Treenity managed to evade my attack and jump back. As it was predictable, I may have been sluggish for my first attack, but at least I managed to save Rayne from her abuse. I clenched my fists, ready to charge for another punch, but then a pinch from my sleeve stopped me from making a follow-up attack.

When I turned my back, I saw Rayne sitting on her knees. Her purple eyes are twinkling, begging me to stop. She shook her head and then frowned.

Seeing her like this makes me want to stop this fight too. I just saw Raynevere Treenity's memories, and although her murders and destruction can never be justified, I can still see why she hates everyone so much.

"Raynevere..." Rayne muttered as she slowly stood up, wiping the dirt on her cheek.

The psychotic Raynevere's purple eyes widened in shock when she realized that her clone no longer had any will to fight. However, the eyes she can see on her fake is something more offending- a glare of pity.

The Cyber Elf's ears pointed down, and her compassionate eyes started to produce tears. She expressed her emotions from the depths of her heart with a shaking voice.

"Raynevere Treenity... I'm sorry for everything."