CHAPTER 111 - OBSIDIAN JAVELIN

If we have to capture the psychotic Raynevere Treenity, then we have to defeat those Cyberdemons as fast as possible! So the moment I managed to draw my strongest Command Card, I immediately swiped it and raised it in the skies!

"Activate Skill Card: Combo Sword!"

Rayne manifested a white sword on her right hand, and with a swift dash and U-turn, she slashed the Cyberdemon Ptera's left-wing! The slice may not be enough to render the flying Cyberdemon out of commission, but at least we can continue the combo!

[Combo Success. Please Draw]

"I draw a Skill Card: Garuda Buster!"

Rayne's white sword immediately turned into a white bow charged with flame energy. With swiftness and precision, she aimed at the Cyberdemon Ptera and unleashed a flaming phoenix! It was a direct hit, and it rendered the Cyberdemon's right-wing burning!

"Gyaaaooooooh!" The Cyberdemon Ptera screamed.

"I will continue the combo! I drew a Skill Card: Unlimited Arrow Force!"

Rayne charged her bow once again, this time with green wind energy, and then unleashed barrages of projectiles toward the Cyberdemon Ptera! Every arrow was a direct hit as it shoot the Cyberdemon's limbs, body, tails, neck, and even its head!

With the powerful force of a succeeding arrow, the Cyberdemon Ptera was pushed until it crashed into the nearby river bank!

"Nice shot, Rayne!" I clenched my fist.

Rayne smiled in reply, but she quickly focused on the enemy at hand. It was the Cyber Witch who had been tormenting her before.

"Oh my. So, we met again." The Cyber Witch grinned.

Rayne aimed her bow toward the Cyber Witch. Her purple eyes glared with contempt. "I will never let you get away this time. You killed my father. You burnt my village. You massacred my clan. And you took away my grandpa."

"Just a correction, Miss Perfect Clone... It was not your father. It was not your village. It was not your clan. And it was not your grandpa. You are just a usurper who took the place of the real Master Raynevere Treenity." The Cyber Witch said.

Rayne gritted. "I may be a fake, but I was treated as real. Their love for me is more genuine than what they felt with your master."

"Perhaps. That is just natural for being a usurper. You should be ashamed of yourself."

Rayne no longer replied. She surged forward with her Striker Wing, firing arrows along the way. The Cyber Witch answered with fireballs which intercepted the energy arrows.

I was about to swipe a Command Card to support Rayne, but then Rayne shouted out loud.

"Zane! Don't worry about me, I can handle this with on my current strength! You better chase the Masked Kaiser, she's getting away!"

I was alerted by Rayne's heads-up. I looked around the battlefield, in search of our main target. I saw Himeno Yuusha battling the remaining Cyberdemon Stego as she had already taken down the Cyberdemon Bronto during the heat of the fight.

"Raaaaaaah!" The Cyberdemon Stego roared out loud as it unleashed spine missiles coming from its back!

"Activate Skill Card: Omnislash!" Ryan raised his Command Card high.

In an instant, Himeno teleported to evade all those spine missiles. All those projectiles hit nothing but the air and the ground.

The Cyber Dark Panther was later seen at the back of the Cyberdemon Stego. Himeno used her oversized claws to strike through the Cyberdemon's back, left, right, and then front! The monster was cut like cheese in an instant, and it fell lifelessly on the ground.

"Nice one, Himeno!" Ryan Radars cheered.

Himeno just answered with a smirk. However, they turned serious when I caught their attention.

"Ryan! Himeno! Where's Raynevere Treenity!?" I asked.

The two looked left and right and could not locate the enemy. Himeno went back to the highway on all fours, using her enhanced sense of smell to follow Raynevere Treenity's scent.

Ryan and I also looked around, but we could not find anything. After ten whole seconds, Himeno noticed something and shouted out loud.

"Ryan!"

I also saw what Himeno detected, but I was just a millisecond late. From the top of a four-story building, I saw the silhouette of the psychotic Raynevere Treenity. The moment I saw her silhouette four blocks away from us, it was the time I realized that she had already thrown a javelin with an obsidian glow, straight to Ryan.

She never planned to escape. She planned to take down at least one of us.

"Duck!" I cried out loud.

It was too late, as the moment Ryan looked at the projectile, his body was impaled by the obsidian javelin.

"Ryan!" Himeno Yuusha cried as she went to her Kaiser's side.

Blood started to ooze from Ryan Radar's huge wound on the abdomen. His Gladiatrix System turned off as he started getting spasms, his veins glowing purple as if a virus had just been installed on him.