CHAPTER 102 - A SWEET CLONED DATE

After a bountiful breakfast full of laughter and random topics in her dining room, we took off from the rooftops of the building with her Striker Wing active. I just noticed that I'm getting used to our fly-high trips as if I have no acrophobia. In fact, I enjoy it most of the time nowadays. Holding hand-in-hand with my ultimate crush, my Gladiatrix, and my fiance makes my heart flutter with joy.

"Zane, where would you want to go?" Raynevere asked as we soared above the clouds.

"Let's go to Hanashima Island," I said.

"Hanashima Island? Is that where the rumored largest Cyberflower Farm in SouthEast Asia is?" Raynevere tilted her head.

"Y-Yeah," I said with a forced smile.

Bummer. I wanted to surprise my girlfriend-cum-fiance for this, but I think the Cyberflower Farm is the only tourist attraction on that island. I just saw it from a TV commercial and figured out that it will be a good place for Raynevere and me to relax. I never would have thought that my girlfriend also watches the news despite her busy schedule.

Well, this is just the first part of our date. I have planned for this date, and I got the itinerary right inside my mind. Maybe I can still surprise her with the other things we'll be doing for today.

After thirty minutes of flight, we finally made it to the island. Thousands of Cyberflowers blossomed right at the entrance of the farm, waving as if they are welcoming our entrance. The Cyberflowers looked a lot like sunflowers, except that the petals are metallic silver and much sharper. It's just a variant of sunflower, really, which was cultivated with the help of mystical nanomachines.

There is a fad going on on the internet and TV that Cyberflowers allegedly emit nanoparticles that relieve stress in human cells. They say it's therapeutic, so I decided to bring Raynevere here first thing in the morning.

"Wow, this is beautiful!" Raynevere clapped her hands. She started to sniff the sweet air breeze, then exhaled with relief. "And this is so relaxing!"

We entered the Cyberflower Farm which is kind of a maze. As we ventured while walking hand-in-hand with my lover, we enjoyed the view of the mystical flowers until my brain stumbled upon a thought.

I remember the Treenity Innovations AI and the question that Master Siferas asked. I was surprised when our Master asked the most obvious question of all: What is the source of the mystical nanomachines? The AI answered that it came from an outer god named Mechanoss.

According to the AI, the mystical nanomachines are derived from the blood of that elder god. This means the Cyberflowers right around us have the scent of a supernatural entity. I wonder if the Gladiatrix System can control these Cyberflowers.

After one hour of walking around the farm, we decided to change the venue to the lone mall on Hanashima Island. We were just in time to see the opening of the romance-fantasy movie Raynevere wanted to watch, so we immediately bought the tickets and sat comfortably in the cinema.

It was a perfect two hours for us. I held hands with my fiance for the time. I did not make any advances further than that though, as I wanted Raynevere to enjoy the movie. Moreover, I was too focused on the movie, so I forgot to do those things I often read on the internet when the lights are out.

Right after the movie, we went to the food court of their mall to have our lunch. We both have a matching loco moco with a savory gravy, wagyu beef burgers, and garlic rice. We even shared a cool tower-like cocktail with heart-shaped dual straws.

We talked about the movie during our lunch, but when the food was depleted, Raynevere jumped to a new topic that made me almost spit out the drink.

"Say, Elzane... How long did you have a crush on me?"

I coughed three times and then wiped my mouth with my wrist.

"W-What's with that all of a sudden!?" I cried.

"Well, I'm just wondering. You're so sweet of a boyfriend right now that I regret rejecting you a few months ago when you confessed." Raynevere rested her chin on her hands. "I should have listened to my feelings and Master Siferas' advice right from the start."

I coughed for a few more, with much softer intensity. Then I gulped and cleared my voice.

"I think I fell in love with you back when we were in junior high school, during your debut beauty pageant. I saw you on the stage, dazzling in front of everyone, making all heartbeats faster. No wonder you won the crown that time."

"Oh, that! I was surprised at that time!" Raynevere clapped. "I am so happy that I made people glad that day."

"I'm pretty sure everyone fell in love with you during that night." I smiled.

"Really? I thought the audience just had this feeling of lust towards me."

Well, that's part of it. It was a beauty contest, and I remember Raynevere's body was already well-endowed during our early high-school days. I can remember her saggy bosoms bouncing during her walks, especially on the bikini portion of the competition. I think she even has the best measurements against all the contestants.

A grim thought just entered my mind all of a sudden.

I remember the Masked Kaiser- the real Raynevere Treenity. The Raynevere I have here right now is the 12th Clone of the original. Now there is this question: Since when did the two switch places?

Did I fall in love with the Real Raynevere? Or the clone?