CHAPTER 98 - THE ARCHIVE ROOM

I woke up a lot later the next day. I mean, the party was all awesome so we went home at around three in the morning. I slept like a log until it was already noon. I was only woken up by my mother to have brunch with a certain someone.

"Rise and shine, sleepy head! Don't make your fiance wait for you until the afternoon!"

"R-Raynevere?" I mumbled through my pillow.

I had a slow start for a moment by raising my body. I feel well-rested, but I'm kind of energy-less for this day. I clapped my face and then woke my mind up.

"Come on, Elzane! Your lover is waiting for you downstairs!" I whispered to myself.

This is a brand new day for Raynevere and I, not just as betrothed on paper, but as genuine lovers. I remembered that she confessed to me last night with a kiss, so my energy pumped up to the max upon refreshing that core memory!

I immediately put on my pants and combed my hair. I washed my face and got myself ready before stubbing my toe on the bedroom table!

"Ow!" I cried silently.

I tried to play it cool and then went downstairs with a plastic smile on my face. There, I was greeted by the cutest face I'd ever seen in my life.

"Good morning, Zane~" Raynevere smiled brightly with a blush. She had this cup of tea that was about to touch her lips.

I kinda wanted to be her cup of tea. Wait, why am I thinking about this creepy thing now? We're now lovers, and I just kissed her twelve hours ago!

"G-Good morning, Rayne." I greeted them as I sat down beside her.

I remember last night that we decided to call each other by a cute nickname. It gives us the feeling of being closer.

There is a sandwich prepared for us two and some chamomile tea. I looked around and realized that my parents are not there. My father must have gone to work, and I think my mother just hid so that she won't be something of a third wheel at this rate.

"I'm sorry for coming to your house without even texting. I had this urgent news." Raynevere smiled apologetically.

"It's fine, you're part of the Chaldeas family now. You can treat this house as your own home."

"I'm so glad that I will be marrying you! I love you!" Raynevere teased.

"Stop provoking me." I had my cheeks burning red. I had to change the topic fast! "So, what's this urgent news?"

Raynevere searched her shoulder bag and then revealed a blue-and-black card. "Ta-da! This is what we're looking for?"

"What is that?"

"It's the Archive Card of Treenity Innovations! A special privilege that only yours truly can possess!" Raynevere happily declared.

That keycard to the Treenity Innovations Archives is one of our goals why we had to beat Himeno Yuusha. All the secrets of the corporation, Raynevere's Grandpa, the Cyberdemons, and Masked Kaiser might be revealed once we entered the secret room only the president of the corporation can learn.

"So, what's our plan? Are we going to go there right away?" I asked as I wore my jacket.

"Hmmm... I guess a date with you alone in the secret archives would be thrilling in its way, but I believe Master Siferas and Miss Himeno want to confirm something too." Raynevere said.

"Is it okay for them to enter the archives? I can understand Himeno because she wants to discover the truth, but what about Master Siferas?"

"It was our primary deal for Master Siferas and Master Nigel to have them investigate the archives. They trained us to become powerful Kaiser and Gladiatrix for that condition. The stocks they are talking about is just a codename. All they want is some information about the Treenity Innovations my Grandpa refused to disclose."

"Will your grandfather be alright with that?" I asked.

There was a long pause. Raynevere seemed to have second thoughts, but then she stuck up to her previous decision.

"Grandpa may be angered by my decision, but it will be fine. We are greatly indebted to our Masters. We wouldn't be able to win if they did not train us." Raynevere said with a weak smile.

"Okay, I respect your decision. Let's go."

<>

It was already late in the afternoon when our party met up. Master Siferas and Himeno are just the ones who appeared, just like what Raynevere had said. We met at the entrance hall of Treenity Innovations with some ushers assisting us.

The ushers lead us to an underground floor that contains a special luxury glass elevator that is cut from all other parts of the corporation building. Raynevere entered the keycard and the special passcode then touched a biometric scanner and had her retinas checked by an eye scanner. Then, there was also this DNA scanner as the last security measure.

Finally, the elevator opened. It was completely transparent, like a cube fish tank. We four entered the place and then the elevator closed and descended into the abyss.

It's taking a while for the elevator to go down, so Raynevere stroke a minor chat.

"Say, why did your Kaisers absent for this? Aren't they curious?"

"Oh, Nigel is curious. Unfortunately, he has to do some paperwork at the KG Guild." Master Siferas wiped her silver hair.

"As for Ryan, he said that he does not want to see the archives again as it brings him bad memories," Himeno said.

"Wait, Ryan already went to this place?" I suddenly burst out a question.

"Yes. He was basically 'reborn' here." Himeno said with a death crimson glare.

Raynevere and I felt chills down our spine, and we both know that it was not about the purple cat's glare. We looked down on the transparent floor and saw lights that reassembled stars. Only those stars are just lights coming from thousands, not hundreds of thousands of glowing capsules below.