CHAPTER 122 - THREE BIRDS IN ONE STONE

After eating my specialty spaghetti, Rayne prepared a ginger milk tea for us to recuperate from the incoming cold weather. It's already mid-October, and the wind is starting to smell a little snowy. We both decided to stay on the balcony, enjoying the sight of the city lights and the night stars.

It's already nine in the evening, and we both decided that doing nothing but relaxing in this incredible place is better than watching a movie or spooning in bed. Rayne is busily swiping on her tablet, probably some work matters or some social media exposure. As the new president of the almost-bankrupt Treenity Innovations, she needs as much publicity as she can get.

The trouble of beating the psychotic Raynevere Treenity once again struck my mind. She only needs one Numbered Kaiser Code left to summon the foreign god. If it happens, who knows what's next? I tried asking the Yggdrasil AI about it, but its processing systems are not able to calculate whatever the Elder God Mechanoss will ever do to this plane of existence.

And we do not have any leads on the last Numbered Kaiser. Irida Nanahara has left no trace, not even CCTV footage from the coliseum. Not even her Gladiator Arth Victus has any shadow to show.

I took a sip of my tea and uttered a deep sigh. Almost soon enough, Rayne noticed the mood of hopelessness in me. She put down her tablet and shifted her full attention.

"What's the matter, Zane?"

I told her the whole story, about the Five Numbered Kaiser Codes and Raynevere Treenity's true goal. The only thing I did not disclose is Gawainus Treenitys ulterior motive to summon the Elder God since I do not want her to think more badly of her Grandpa.

"Irida Nanahara, huh?" Rayne covered her chin as she went into deep thought. "I think the only time we can ever get in touch with her is when the Battle Fiesta Championship starts."

"That's what I thought too. But thanks to the incidents in this city, the championship was delayed." I muttered.

Rayne was surprised, but then she immediately shifted to a smile. "Oh, haven't you read from the KG Guild's social media post? The Battle Fiesta will resume two weeks from now."

"W-What!?" I shrieked and almost spilled my cup of tea.

"Look!" Rayne happily showed me the social media page of KG Guild. Just one hour ago, they made an update about the Battle Fiesta. Rayne was telling the truth. "See?" Rayne puffed her chest arrogantly.

"O-Oh. I'm quite surprised that you are more updated on Battle Fiestas than me. And here I thought I am the Gladiator Battle addict here." I mumbled.

"I kind of enjoy fighting with you. Going into the arena in front of so many people, hearing their cheers of excitement, and having the duty to protect my love... It gives me so much thrill! I think I enjoy it more than beauty pageants!" Rayne proudly proclaimed.

I smiled. I never thought Rayne felt the same way about Battle Fiestas. I think we are in sync. "Ain't that the truth!"

"But..." Rayne pouted a little. "I'm kind of scared of what might happen to you. I mean, what if somebody as savage as Miss Himeno directly attacks you during the Battle Fiesta? I can't imagine you getting injured."

"Don't be ridiculous. I don't think there are other Kaisers or Gladiatrix as sadistic as that purple cat." I spoke. "Besides, you promised to protect me at any cost. I will be counting on you, Rayne."

"Roger that, darling~" Rayne pumped her fists with a blushing smile on her face. She's goddamn cute with that expression which made me fall in love with her again.

To push us back on the trail, I cleared my voice. "A-Ahem! Let's go back to the Battle Fiesta. Are we sure we can wait for two weeks before we can get in touch with Irida Nanahara?"

"If she made it this far without being tracked by the real Raynevere, then she must be capable enough to protect herself. Besides, she got a capable Cyber Paladin as her Gladiator. She wouldn't make it to the quarterfinals if she does not have the skills and power."

Rayne was right. Since Irida Nanahara was able to defeat all Kaisers and Gladiators on her way to climb to the final stages of the Battle Fiesta, then she is a formidable Numbered Kaiser. Besides, her Gladiator Arth Victus looks strong enough. He might be as powerful as Himeno, or even more robust.

"I think we should focus on ourselves for now, Zane." Rayne rested her face on her arm and looked me in the eye. "There's only two weeks for us to prepare. Have you tried contacting Master Siferas or Master Nigel? I would want to spar with the Battle Fiesta Champions at their full strength now that we have unlocked my Transformation."

"Big Bro Nigel texted me three days ago. They said that they will be out of town for two weeks. Most probably, they will come back during the Battle Fiesta." I gave a sigh that was a sign of resignation.

"We will have to ask Himeno and Ryan to spar with us then. And maybe add Esthesia and Firius to the mix." Rayne smirked as if she just thought of a bright idea.

I have no qualms about Rayne's suggestion since we are already on good terms with the purple cat. And Master Siferas already stated back in the first part of the Battle Fiesta that Himeno is on her level. Having her as a sparring partner will suffice for our tactics.

"And oh, give me your online bank account number," Rayne said in a postscript. "I have already gotten the marketing department's approval to transfer funds to our Battle Fiesta budget. You will need a lot of money to buy awesome ultra-rare Command Cards for us to win the tournament!"

"W-What?" I cried. "Why did you include the corporation's fund with this?"

"My, My, Zane." Rayne waved her index finger in front of me. "Winning the Battle Fiesta will give me a lot of exposure as the champion. A lot of exposure for me will mean publicity for Treenity Innovations. So my number one goal, for now, is to make us the champions. It's like hitting three birds with one stone, don't you think?"