CHAPTER 82 - CYBER ELF NEGATION

The moment Himeno Yuusha's name was announced for the next battle, most of the Gladiator and Kaiser pairs ceased to care about the match. Some of them went out of the backstage rooms and did their own thing. Some Gladiators started to use the dumbbells and did some stretching, while their Kaisers focused on editing their Command Cards deck.

I know it's not a good sight to watch the purple cat fight because it's too brutal. But I have to suck it up. We will be facing them sooner or later, so I have to take note of the battles she is participating in.

I'm especially curious about how Himeno's Kaiser: Ryan Radars is doing his speed activations. Almost all his Command Cards are used at the right time. It's like he is an AI who can compute the best course of action in a certain situation.

Himeno Yuusha's opponent is almost an identical Gladiatrix like Raynevere: a silver-haired athletic Cyber Elf. The Cyber Elf is equipped with a wooden bow with mystical energy in it. The Cyber Elf also has these steel pointy ears just like my betrothed.

Himeno Yuusha smirked. We may be thinking of the same thing. She wanted to show how much power she is by fighting this Cyber Elf.

On the other hand, the silver Cyber Elf's Kaiser is a short man that looked like he was still in middle school. He's even in a middle school uniform, so I'm pretty sure that's an underaged contender.

[Battle Start]

As soon as the notification beeped on both Gladiatrix Systems, the Gladiatrices immediately went on the offensive!

"Haaa!" The silver-haired Cyber Elf unleashed three consecutive wooden arrows toward the charging purple cat!

Himeno immediately spread out her arms, and her metal claws were unsheathed. She used the katana-like claws to deflect all the wooden arrows fired at her!

"Hmph. Too slow!" Himeno said as she glared at the enemy Cyber Elf!

Struck with fear, the Cyber Elf couldn't do anything but cover her face to shield herself from the incoming assault! She must have seen how Himeno fought in the first round, and Gladiatrix must have been traumatized by what she had seen before!

"Activate Counter Card: Holy Shield!" The short guy Kaiser activated his first Command Card!

However, before the Holy Shield could materialize, Ryan Radars immediately countered it!

"Activate Counter Card: Counter Negate!"

As Ryan Radars revealed his card, the Holy Shield failed to manifest. Counter Negate is one of the fastest Command Cards that halts the activation of any Counter Card, so that effect was inevitable.

Having no protection against the attack, the Cyber Elf couldn't do anything but cry in pain!

"Uwaaaaa!"

The poor silver-haired Gladiatrix was put to the ground with droplets of her blood sprinkling on the arena. Her right shoulder has been sliced deep, but since she's a Gladiatrix, it will not be fatal for her. Besides, it is easy to heal a Gladiatrix's wound.

"Activate Skill Card: Heal!" The middle school Kaiser revealed his second Command Card.

However, just before the green sparkles manifest on the Cyber Elf Gladiator, Ryan Radars has already anticipated it. He even has a countermeasure for it!

"Activate Counter Card: Skill Negate!"

In an instant, the green snowflakes turned to nothing but air. The poor Cyber Elf who was helpless on the ground was deprived of any Command Card healing from her Kaiser!

"Just how merciless are you?" The Cyber Elf protested.

At that moment, Himeno Yuusha stepped on the wounded shoulder of the Cyber Elf!

"Kya!" The Cyber Elf excruciatingly cried.

Himeno glared with her crimson eyes and grinned like a serial killer who is about to trample on a human corpse. It takes no time for anyone to realize that the purple cat is like a devil with sadistic tendencies.

"Mercy is not deserved by the weak. You are on my way, so it is just imperative for me to defeat you." Himeno Yuusha whispered.

"Get off her!" The middle schooler cried as he drew his last Command Card for this battle. "Activate Equip Card: Striker Wing!"

Crimson's cybernetic wings started to materialize from the Cyber Elf's back. With the photon force of the Striker Wing, the Cyber Elf managed to shake off Himeno and she was able to soar up in the skies.

"You're too persistent." Himeno Yuusha shook her head. "You resemble that monster I know."

After Himeno's comment, Ryan Radars revealed his last Command Card.

"Activate Transformation Card: Cyber Dark Panther!"

A chill ran down everyone's spine. All who witnessed it on the stage, in the audience's seat, in the backstage rooms, and at their homes would be awed by this transformation Himeno is about to unleash.

Black smoke filled the area. And there at the center of the arena, are two crimson eyes ready for the kill.