CHAPTER 129 - THAWING OUT

Without any warning, I raised my first Command Card and activated it!

"Activate Skill Card: Fire-Rabbit Kick!"

Upon activation of my Command Card, the frozen solid crystal started to melt and shatter! Rayne's feet were engulfed with fire, and with it, she used this enhancement on her legs to break out of the ice! Thick smoke dominated the area as soon as Rayne was thawed out!

"Impossible!" The opponent Kaiser cried, but then she smiled arrogantly afterward. "However, the Freezing Tundra and Sheer Cold have a continuous effect on the battlefield! Your Gladiatrix will be frozen again in no time!"

I have computed the exact time for Rayne to be frozen solid- About 1.95 seconds. If I don't follow up with a Command Card right after Rayne comes out from that smoke, we will be back to square one! Not to mention, I have to deal with the thick snow of the Freezing Tundra for Rayne to catch up!

"Rayne, beeline towards the opponents!" I roared out loud.

"Roger!" Rayne finally went out from the smoke and then charged forward headfirst!

I immediately swiped the second Command Card in my arsenal and raised it!

"Activate Skill Card: Garuda Buster!"

Rayne's bow glowed red, and then she aimed it at an angle where the Skill Card would hit her knee level. With a flaming burst, she unleashed her arrow that turned into a phoenix, targeting the opponent Cyber Sorceress!

However, due to the Skill Card of Projectile Barrier that was cast a few moments ago, the Garuda Buster dissolved as soon as it hit the enemy's magical bubble!

"It's no use! Projectile Barrier will block any incoming long-ranged attack, even if it is an SR card like Garuda Buster!" Kaiser Althea laughed. "Didn't you learn your lesson already?"

"I already know that," I said with a smile. "But Rayne is not planning on dealing damage with that Garuda Buster. She used it to pave the way from the layers of thick snow."

"What!?"

That's right. Rayne did not intend to unleash the phoenix arrow to attack. She used the Garuda Buster to melt all the thick fluffy snow on her way. And now that the thick freezing field was split, the Cyber Elf has a clear road and she will not worry about getting stuck and frozen by snow anymore!

And to make it more beneficial to us, the melted snow unleashed smoke that made it almost impossible for the opponent to pinpoint Rayne's exact position!

"Go, Rayne!" I cried.

The Cyber Elf beelined towards the opponent at full speed! Panicked that the enemy might get close, the Cyber Sorceress started creating ice spears by waving her staff, and then launched the said icicle weapons in a straight line!

However, none of these ice spears hit their mark!

As Rayne closed in, her silhouette in the snow became visible. The opponent Cyber Sorceress took this opportunity to fire another set of icicle spears by waving her staff! Nonetheless, Rayne was able to acrobatically evade those projectiles by tumblings and somersaults!

"Shit!" Kaiser Althea bit her thumb.

The smoke dispersed at the last second. Rayne finally revealed herself, charging straight to the enemy! In the nick of time, the opponent Cyber Sorceress tapped the tip of her staff on the freezing ground, and an ice wall was created between them, completely blocking Rayne from any short-range attack!

I will have to act fast or else my Gladiatrix might get frozen if she takes too much time destroying the ice barrier! So I swiped my last Command Card for this fight and shouted it out loud!

"Activate Skill Card: Dynamite Kick!"

With Rayne's momentum for running for about fifty meters, she made a high jump kick and attacked the ice wall! When her heel and the ice made contact, a loud explosion rang in the battlefield! The shockwave was so strong that it instantly dissolved all the falling snow and freezing ground!

And because of the Dynamite Kick's aftereffect, there was a mushroom cloud of smoke as a result.

Rayne was the first and the only one who was able to exit from the explosion's area. She wiped the sweat on her forehead and sighed out loud. "Phew."

It took two seconds before the explosion's smoke to fully disintegrate. And then when the view was clear, everybody was able to witness the Cyber Sorceress and her great strategist Kaiser was put down on the ground, slightly confused on what just happened.

The Kaiser and Gladiatrix duo we fought now have curly black hair and charcoal-dirty skin because of the dynamite explosion. Not to mention, their royal dresses are now in tatters. Upon realization that they had lost, the Gladiatrix System immediately beeped.

[Battle Finished]

[The Winner is Elzane Chaldeas and Raynevere Treenity]

There was a long beep and the trumpet was blown!

"What a spectacular match to be seen! This couple has won an explosive victory against the great tacticians! It seems that love beats tactics after all! Congratulations to Elzane Chaldeas and Raynevere Treenity for winning the Quarterfinals! This evening looks like a good date for them after all!" The emcee giggled.

"Hey, I won with tactics too." I silently protested.

Rayne approached me and gave me a bright cheerful smile. She has nothing to say on the matter.

Anyway, since we won the Quarterfinals, there is one more fight to win before we face Irida and Arth. I will have to pay attention to how they fight so that we can formulate a good tactic against them.