CHAPTER 96 - BOGGLED MIND

I'm no stranger to en grande parties with royalties. I'm used to seeing rich men in tuxedos and pompadours and women with evening gowns full of jewelry that made them look like Christmas trees. Social events like these are meant for people who brag about their new sports car, and for scheduling a business meeting on a golf course.

I find these kinds of things boring. Most of the time, my parents would socialize, while I just stay at the side of the table munching on snacks.

However, this party at the Treenity Innovations Hall is something else. The very celebration is the fruit of our hard work and perseverance. This is a party for Raynevere as she is now proclaimed as the new President of the corporation.

"Don't be so rude to yourself, Elzane. This party is for you too!" Raynevere pouted as she tried to reason with me.

"Wait, I was talking the whole time?" I scratched my head which almost ruined my formal hairdo.

"Yep! You've been mumbling to yourself since we got here!" Raynevere chuckled. That's when I realized I was narrating out loud.

Anyway, Raynevere is amazing. She is wearing a short white nightgown that reveals her ripe cleavage and milky legs. I think she has her bareback too, but her long dark gray hair covers almost all of it. She also has this red scarf twirling on her shoulders, making her look like an Asian goddess. She's also wearing high heels which makes her taller than me.

"You look as beautiful as ever," I muttered.

"What was that? You're talking to yourself again!" Raynevere pouted.

"N-Nothing." I turned away with blushing cheeks. "Be ready with your speech, the party is about to start."

"Oh, right! Better wrap my speech up inside my head!" Raynevere said.

"Wait, you didn't prepare a speech?" I asked.

"Nope. An impromptu speech that comes from the heart is way better than reading a piece of paper on the stage." Raynevere smiled.

Knowing Raynevere, she would make it fine and heartwarming. She is a veteran of pageantry, and all those question and answers portions of beauty contests must have trained her mind to do impromptu speeches to convince the people.

Just before the party starts its ceremony, all eyes went to the people at the entrance of the hall. Nobody expected that they will appear at this party since they have a personal grudge against a certain someone.

"It was Himeno Yuusha! And her assistant Ryan Radars!" One of the stockholders said.

It was the purple cat. She is wearing a nightgown blacker than black, long dark leggings, and some jewelry accessories on her wrist and neck. Meanwhile, Ryan Radars is wearing the standard vest that made him look more like a butler or a waiter for princess Himeno.

She locked eyes with Raynevere, then she walked forward. Her steps are elegant and light.

"M-Miss Himeno..." Raynevere muttered.

As soon as they are one meter apart, Himeno Yuusha slowly smiled. Then she offered her hand to the one true President.

"Congratulations, President Raynevere Treenity. I will acknowledge you as the successor of this corporation, as long as you keep your promise." Himeno said.

Without any hesitation, Raynevere took Himeno's hand and shook it. "Thank you, Ms. Himeno. I promise that I will take full responsibility for the company from now on."

"You should! Or else I will kick you out of that presidential seat and take over the corporation myself! Hmph!" Himeno crossed her arms and turned away, but this time with a blush on her cheeks.

This scene right here is like a fever dream that would never be a reality, but here we are. We beat Himeno fair and square during the Battle Fiesta, so she has no option but to accept her loss. That sudden change of heart though is quite surprising.

Ryan Radars came to me and shook my hand. "Mr. Chaldeas, congratulations to you too. You won against me even though I have a great advantage that I almost seem like cheating."

"Great advantage?" I tilted my head.

"I am a Numbered Kaiser of this company. My brain is fine-tuned to control the Gladiatrix System and use the Command Cards to their full potential." Ryan Radars said.

"Numbered Kaiser?" Raynevere tilted her head.

"Wait, you didn't know?" Himeno had this troubled look. She glanced at Ryan Radars, and Ryan Radars glared at her. "So our suspicion is correct."

"What suspicion?" I asked.

"Never mind that for now, it's time for the President's speech!" Himeno cut our conversation and pointed at the stage.

"Oh, right!" Raynevere said as she hurriedly walked towards the stage and left us three.

Himeno, Ryan, and I were left right at the side of the stage. A waiter gave us a glass of grape juice and then silence emerged between us three. Now my mind is boggled about this Numbered Kaiser, and I'm all curious about this.

"Hey, what do you mean by"

"Sssshhh, not here! Some people do not know the truth!" Himeno aggressively shushed me.

"We will tell you more in private." Ryan Radars whispered.

Whatever this Numbered Kaiser means, it can certainly wait. We should ask these two about what they know about the Treenity Innovations, their alleged human experimentation, Raynevere's Grandpa's secret, and the Masked Kaiser.

"Oh, wait! I forgot something!" Raynevere muttered as she went to me.

All of a sudden, she held my face and pressed her lips forward! It was a surprise kiss!