CHAPTER 79 - WEIRD COUPLE

There was a loud cheer in the crowd. Everybody watching was thrilled to see our first fight in this Battle Fiesta. It looks like we hyped up the stage for future fights!

"We did it, Elzane!" Raynevere raised her hands, ready for a high ten!

"Good work, Rayne!" I cried as I energetically slapped both of her palms! Then we both waved at the audience as we made our exit from the arena.

The emcee proceeded to announce the next fight, but the next contenders are not familiar to us. We have no business here at the moment, so we were instructed by the ushers to go to the backstage room to take a break.

Since we were the first to win the first fight of the night, we were the first ones in the backstage room dedicated to the winners. There is a wide flat-screen TV where we can watch the next Gladiator Battles, and there is also some workout equipment like dumbbells and bench presses for our Gladiatrices to exercise.

Suddenly, I felt warm fluffy clothing on my cheek. When I turned around, I saw Raynevere handing me a face towel.

"Here. You can use it first." Raynevere said with a smile.

"Y-You sure? I mean, all I did back there is stand. You did all the fighting. And I might sully this towel with my sweat." I said.

"I don't mind. Besides, if I wipe my own first, that towel might get dirty." Raynevere answered, her smile still on her face.

"O-Okay then," I said. Before I wiped my face with the towel, I smelled it first. I can smell the faint fragrance of hyacinth shampoo she must have used before the battle.

I know I will be branded a creep if I smelled it longer than three seconds, so I immediately wiped the sweat off my neck, my face, and then my hair. Then I returned the towel to my Gladiatrix. Raynevere immediately accepted it and wiped it on her face and hair without any hesitation.

She did not care if my smell will be transferred to her. Well, I did not sweat that much, but still, it might ruin her image if people learned that we're sharing towels like a married couple.

Maybe I should bring my towel next time.

There was a vending machine at the side of the backstage room, so I ordered two refreshing drinks and gave one to Raynevere. We both gulped the drinks and one go, and when we both finished at the very same time, we laughed.

After a few minutes, the door opened. It revealed a blonde white man in a white suit, with a platinum cybernetic crown on his head. He is accompanied by a beautiful brown-haired teenage woman with wavy hair and wearing casual attire.

If only I forget that we are on a Battle Fiesta, I would mistake these two as celebrities because of their elegant aura and delightful appearance.

"Pardon me for the intrusion." The handsome blonde man bowed with his hand on his chest. "I just saw your magnificent battle and couldn't help but be curious about you."

"Pardon?" I muttered to myself.

I looked at Raynevere and my Gladiatrix just shook her head. It looks like Raynevere doesn't know who this handsome fellow is, and I have no idea too.

"Oh, where are my manners?" The handsome blonde man raised his head and looked me in the eyes. His sapphire irises had some fierce cold aura in them, but I can still feel a spark of kindness. "My name is Arth Victus, a Gladiator and also a contender in this Battle Fiesta."

The beautiful brown-haired girl also bowed for a moment before introducing herself. "I'm Nanahara Irida, his Kaiser. You're Elzane Chaldeas, is that right?"

I was surprised to know that somebody is somewhat interested in me other than Raynevere. Judging from this Kaiser and Gladiator's eyes that are quite focused on me, they must have come here for me and not for Raynevere.

"Y-Yeah. Can I help you?" I said with a forced smile.

"Oh, don't trouble yourself. We just wanted to visit an interesting contender who has the potential to win this Battle Fiesta. Since you are in Bracket A and we are in Bracket B, we sincerely hope that we face in the arena during the finals." The handsome Arth said.

The beautiful Irida looked at my Gladiatrix with a smile, and Raynevere smiled back. For some reason, I find it weird to have this kind of courtesy call. But it will be rude to just bluntly ask them for their purpose. If they said they are just here to visit, we will just leave it at that for now.

"So you are the chosen one too," Irida muttered.

"Chosen one?" I tilted my head.

"Ah, I mean, you are the chosen ones who will fight for the next round!" Irida said.

"Chosen ones by destiny, you say." Arth followed up.

Raynevere and I looked at each other. I know I'm an introvert, but it will be impossible to miss a social cue like this. One of their tongues just slipped, and the other is swiftly covering up for their mistake.

Raynevere stepped forward and was about to ask a question, but then-

"Oh, it's our fight that is coming up next!" Irida clapped. "Let's go, Arth!"

"Okay!" Arth pumped his fist. Then he looked at us and waved goodbye. "I hate to cut this conversation short, but we have to go now. See you later!"

Then the two exited the room in a seemingly natural but hurried manner.

I know it's rich for me to say this, but that couple is weird.