CHAPTER 74 - I AM NOT GOING ANYWHERE

"You're seeing a lab from inside a tube? What do you mean by that?" I asked.

Raynevere held her forehead as if she was getting a headache. No, I think her brain is hurting her like some sort of flashback shock.

"I... I don't know. It's all fuzzy like a fever dream. But sometimes it felt too real to be a nightmare." Raynevere trembled.

My Gladiatrix looked pale white, and her purple eyes are shaking. She hugged herself as if she was being chilled to death. Her metallic ears are now pointed down like a scared puppy. From my point of view, she looked like a child who is forced to remember an abusive event.

I finally stood up and held her shoulders.

"Raynevere, you do not need to remember that nightmare. I don't know what it is, but don't stress yourself over a dream."

"You're right." Raynevere slowly smiled. "But I'm not worried about that a bit. Himeno can say whatever she wants to destroy my reputation to you, and I will not mind."

"Really?" I asked with sarcasm.

"Of course! Because I know you trust me. You won't tell me that sensitive information otherwise if you weren't. And I trust you too." Raynevere finally reverted to her cheerful self. Her adorable smile is even back. And her elf ears are now pointed upwards.

She's right. I'll trust her more than Himeno Yuusha for the simple reason that I know Raynevere better. She saved my life back during the Treenity Massacre. She agreed to be my Gladiatrix. And she even mortgaged her properties so that my family will own almost the majority of the shareholdings.

Even if she's the monster Himeno thinks she is, I think I will still side with Raynevere.

"To be honest, I'm more worried if she confessed her love to you." Raynevere blurted all of a sudden.

"W-What? What makes you say that!?" I shrieked.

"Well, she knows that you're plain."

"Is that supposed to be a compliment?"

"-plainly adorable~" Raynevere continued with a smile and a blush.

"Stop teasing me!" I cried.

"Ahahaha! Look, you're blushing!" Raynevere is now teasing me.

I just pouted. I know I felt threatened by her during the interrogation, but now I feel like a fool for being scared of her. Raynevere is Raynevere. She's weird and I should not take her seriously.

All of a sudden, my betrothed spread out her arms. It's as if she's asking for a hug.

"W-What? Stop teasing me, I told you already!" I cried.

"Fine then. I'll do it myself."

Raynevere stood up and wrapped me tight. I felt the warmth and softness of her body. I smell fresh lilies on her silky smooth black hair. And her cheeks bumped against mine.

"Thank you for being honest with me Elzane. I will be sure to repay your loyalty with all I have."

"R-Raynevere," I muttered.

Slowly, Raynevere went down on the bed with me on top. The soft cushion of the pink bed removed all the impact from our fall. I felt Raynevere's beating heart that is vibrating in my chest. I felt her warm breaths on the left side of my neck.

At this moment, I remembered that we are in a love hotel. The candle on the desk gave an aphrodisiac smell that revolves around the closed room. The romantic colors of white, pink, and red are dominant in this clean space. There are even a couple of heart pillows on Raynevere's head.

I looked at Raynevere, and she looked at me. Her purple eyes are sparkling, her pinkish-white face is much more adorable, and the warmth of her soft body makes this scene erotic. A part of her uniform is unbuttoned already, and I can clearly see her cleavage and even her bra.

Her pinkish lips looked kissable. When she noticed me staring at it, she closed her eyes. It's like a kind invitation from her telling me to do whatever I wanted from her.

She's my fiance, right?

We will be doing it in the future, right?

It is okay to do it, right?

Those questions kept on looping inside my brain. Being an introverted geek, I have never done it in my entire life. I don't even know how to kiss. But I have to push closer anyway.

Suddenly, a swift realization made me back out. Instead of kissing her lips, I kissed her forehead and rubbed it. Raynevere opened her eyes and looked at me once again.

"This doesn't feel right. You are letting me do this as my reward and assurance that I will not leave you. Am I correct?" I asked.

Raynevere is just shocked. It looked like I hit a jackpot.

I lifted myself with my arms' strength and looked at her eye-to-eye. Raynevere's starting to sweat as if she is guilty of something bad. Well, she is. She tried to buy me with her body, so I should tell her a harsh truth.

"You did not have to do this. I will stay with you. Even if this battle we're fighting ends, I will still marry you. I am not going anywhere. So I will take my sweet time until you finally fall in love with me."