CHAPTER 114 - ENVY

CHAPTER 114 - ENVY

There was a huge crater where the Cyber Walpurgisnacht crashed. It was just pushed deeper and wider when Rayne decided to rain down combos until the enemy was vanquished. When the smoke faded, the center of the crater revealed a poor skin-and-bones woman, her age about the thirties or forties. She has several burnt marks, bruises, and wounds all over her body, but she will live. She is just unconscious.

"Haah...haaah...haaah."

The Cyber Fairy Queen breathed heavily as she slowly descended from the skies. Her purple eyes slowly strayed away from rage, and now shifted to compassion. She has gone overboard by using her combos, but she is still worried about her defeated enemy.

"I'm sorry, but you deserved it," Rayne muttered to herself. She is trying so hard to hold back her tears.

Now that the Cyber Walpurgisnacht has been defeated, only one enemy is left. I looked at the rooftop of the three-story building where the real Raynevere Treenity was positioned, and she was no longer there!

"Darn it! I lost her!" I scratched my head and cried. I started to scan the surroundings until I saw a blink of crimson dark light.

"This marks your end, Elzane Chaldeas!" The psychotic Raynevere roared as she aimed her weird javelin at me. With a swift footstep and a quick throwing gesture, the javelin that injured Ryan Radars earlier launched into the air, now with me as its primary target!

It was too late. I cannot evade it. My legs froze in place, and all I can see now is my ultimate demise as the lance surged toward me!

However, Rayne was quick to know the situation. With a swift spread of her hand, she reactivated a Command Card that will save my life from immediate harm.

"Divine Shield!"

A bubble of light protected me from the flying lance in the nick of time! The spear was deflected by the reactivated Command Card in an instant, and it flung to the ground!

"How despicable, Raynevere Treenity!" Rayne roared out loud. "You tried to kill my lover over and over, but you always failed to do so! Don't you ever learn!?"

"R-Rayne..." I muttered. I thought Rayne has already calmed down, but now that she has seen me almost die for almost a hundredth time now, her patience is at its limit.

"I will never stop until I have taken everything from you, you damned clone!" Raynevere Treenity shouted with rage. "Everything you have, and everything you will have, belongs to me! It should have been me who became the president of Treenity Innovations! It should have been me who shall have that arranged marriage! It should have been me who bears that pretty face!"

Raynevere Treenity started to scratch the burnt side of her cheeks. With each rub, blood started to paint her nails. I know it must have been itchy to have a burnt mark on her face, but she should stop it or else she'll be more injured.

"Aaaaaaaah! I hate you! I hate you! I hate you! You took everything from me! What did a clone like you have that I don't? I'm the original! Grandpa should have paid attention to me! Father should have treasured me! But why... why is a clone like you living my life!" Raynevere Treenity cried.

Rayne went to my side, seemingly checking my condition with her glances. When she was sure that I was unscathed, we both glared at the real Raynevere who is having a mental breakdown.

"Curse you! Curse you, Raynevere Treenity! You shall rot in hell!" The psychotic Raynevere spread out her right arm, and another crimson dark javelin materialized.

I do not know what kind of supernatural powers that psycho possesses to materialize a weapon like that, but it is bad news. This time, she is readying herself to launch another lance at her clone.

"Rayne!" I cried out loud as I swiped one hologram card from my Gladiatrix System.

Rayne nodded, and then she flew towards the real Raynevere. The distance is about fifty meters, and the enemy is standing at the edge of the highway. We will defeat Raynevere Treenity right here and now!

"Activate Equip Card: Striker Wing!"

The Cyber Fairy Queen's wings expanded, and a huge cybernetic pair of wings materialized on her back, stacking up with her fairy wings. With such a boost in speed, she reached the enemy's position in just a blink of an eye!

"Yaaaaah!"

With her momentum, Rayne kicked off the weird spear the unmasked Kaiser was holding, spun in midair, and then held both of the opponent's wrists to pin her down on the ground!

"Gah!" The real Raynevere Treenity writhed in pain as she got her back slammed on the rough asphalt. "Unhand me! Unhand me, you filthy clone!"

"Your lunacy ends here, Raynevere Treenity!" Rayne proclaimed out loud.

Just as my Gladiatrix spoke those words, a system message popped up from my Kaiser Watch.

[System Error]

[Warning: Gladiatrix System Incompatible with the same Kaiser and Gladiatrix]

[System Error: Raynevere Treenity Cannot be a Gladiatrix and Kaiser at the same time]

What the heck is this!?

I was about to shout out for Rayne, but then I realized several hologram errors are popping up on the two Rayneveres' sides. The warning prompts are even larger than the ones appearing on my system!

"Kyaaaaaaaah!" Both Rayneveres cried in pain, holding their heads as if they were connected by some kind of migraine!

"Rayne!" I cried. But as I was about to run to the rescue, the Gladiatrix System beeps over and over!

[System Error]

[System Error]

[System Error]

[Warning: Neuron Link Nanomachine Glitch Initiated]

All of a sudden, the Gladiatrix System flashed a blinding white light.