CHAPTER 136 - BUSTER AND STRIKER

The start of our Semi-Finals match was an explosive one.

Rayne started by circling the edges of the arena and firing three arrows every three steps she made. The glowing energy arrows pierced through the air, targeting only one thing: the opponent Cyber Astronaut.

"Eek!" Gladiatrix Monami cried as she ducked and covered to evade the first wave of arrows.

For the second wave of Rayne's assault, she started to run in the opposite direction as the Cyber Elf while firing her semi-auto laser gun. That's right. Her high-tech pistol unleashes red laser beams toward Rayne, but Rayne's agility and reaction time make it easy for her to evade all those incoming assaults. She skipped and tumbled to evade those laser beams that were bound to be on her way.

On the other hand, Monami is running out of ground. It is no surprise that a Cyber Elf is much more agile than a Cyber Astronaut. Rayne is going to catch up to her once she has reached her maximum speed.

That is our plan. The Cyber Astronaut does not seem to be very agile because of the suit, and we have hypothesized that she may be weak in close-quarter combat. Rayne was trying to close in the distance while firing her arrows so that she could manage to go to a closer position and initiate her kicks, or probably the Combo Sword Skill Card that is ready to be activated right on my hand.

Our opponent Kaiser was aware of the situation, and he immediately made an immediate solution. He swiped his hand from the set of hologram cards in front of him and then revealed it out loud!

"Activate Equip Card: Buster Wing!" Kaiser Masaya shouted.

In an instant, the Cyber Astronaut's back manifested a jetpack with airplane wings. It is also installed with a huge aircraft engine that immediately blasted a blue flame, making the Cyber Astronaut fly in the air.

"Keep flying upward and shoot her!" The opponent Kaiser commanded.

While fleeing and raising altitude, the Cyber Astronaut fired her laser gun to where Rayne was. Rayne managed to evade those beams by cartwheeling to the side.

This will be a disadvantageous battle if this goes on! I will have to make Rayne shift back to the offensive! I swiped one of the hologram cards at my disposal and revealed it up in the air!

"Activate Equip Card: Striker Wing!" I shouted out loud.

Crimson cybernetic wings sprouted on Rayne's back, and then she took off with a single kick on the ground! The Cyber Astronaut continued firing her laser gun towards the soaring Cyber Elf, but Rayne managed to evade those beams again by doing flexible maneuvers in midair and even doing a barrel roll!

Rayne started the counter-offensive. She shot three energy arrows toward the Cyber Astronaut, and she was grazed two times in the shoulders and the left leg!

"Eeek!" Monami the Cyber Astronaut cried.

"Monami!" Kaiser Masaya yelled his Gladiatrix's name. He gritted his teeth for being a little bit helpless in this situation.

While the opponent Gladiatrix was staggered, Rayne continued to push forward, ready to finally engage in close-quarters combat! I was about to raise the Skill Card: Combo Sword right after she closed in for three meters, but then-

"Heh!" Kaiser Masaya gave a devilish smirk.

At this moment, I know that we messed up.

"Rayne, fall back!" I shouted out loud. But because of the height of the battle that was taking place in the skies, the reverberating sound of my voice entered her ears a tad too late.

"Activate Skill Card: Bonk Hammer!" Kaiser Masaya revealed his second Command Card in this battle!

In an instant, a giant gavel about the size of a school bus materialized on the Cyber Astronaut's hand! It was impossibly heavy, but the opponent Gladiatrix managed to lift it overhead and then smash it straight to the Cyber Elf!

"Yaaaaaah!" Monami cried as she smashed with her gigantic hammer at full force!

"Wai-" Rayne did not manage to finish her word as she was immediately hit!

It was a clean hit! Rayne immediately crashed to the ground like a falling rocket! A thick crater was formed due to the impact, and clouds of dust immediately covered the area! The crash site was just a few meters away from me! If I was hit by her crash, it would count as a direct attack on the Kaiser and would render me the loser of this match!

Wait, it's not the time to worry about myself! My fiancé must have been severely injured!

"Rayne!" I cried out loud for her name.

I have Bonk Hammer too, and have used it already back in the early stages of the Battle Fiesta. I know how severe the damage can get to my Gladiatrix especially since it was a direct hit. I even heard the impact of her and the hammer a while ago, which means that it hurt.

"Owie, that hurts." A familiar kind voice grunted. "Good thing my Striker Wings caught all the impact."

I saw Rayne's silhouette from the smoke, trying to stand up from the crash site. At this point, I know that my Gladiatrix is well and fine, so I have to keep my level-headedness and start another counterattack!

I immediately swiped one of the Command Cards at my disposal and then revealed it up in the air!

"Activate Skill Card: Anti-Air Cannons!"

The smoke in the crash site immediately dispersed, and then it revealed Rayne in her damaged form; tattered battle clothes, some grazes on her shoulders and cheeks, and broken Striker Wings. But that is not important anymore as she is now wielding a backpack that houses four anti-air barrels, ready to destroy any target in the skies!

"Fire!" Rayne shouted, and the four cannons unleashed missiles toward the hovering Cyber Astronaut!