CHAPTER 137 - CYBER MECHA?

With the anti-air cannons that Rayne manifested, the homing missiles raged through midair and chased the flying Cyber Astronaut!

"Eeek!" Monami cried as she tried to outmaneuver the anti-air missiles by making ridiculously sharp turns and dizzying spins midair!

However, the homing missiles were traveling at a slightly faster velocity than her flight speed, so she was bound to be hit sooner or later! One of the missiles hit its mark- the left Buster Wing of the Cyber Astronaut!

When the engine on her Buster Wing failed, it took no time for the other three missiles to catch up and blast her to smithereens!

"Kyaaah!" The shy Cyber Astronaut cried. And then there was a thick explosion in the skies, similar to fireworks.

"Monami!" Kaiser Masaya cried as he watched his Gladiatrix drop down like a falling star.

But before the Cyber Astronaut could even hit the ground, the opponent Kaiser swiped his hand, revealing his last and final Command Card for this Gladiatrix Battle!

"I have no choice but to activate this! Activate Transformation Card: Cyber Mecha!"

The Cyber Astronaut was instantly enveloped in a white spherical ball of light! The ball expanded and contrasted, making it appear bigger until it had at least a three-story house diameter!

Rayne will not allow this opportunity to go by as the Transformation Card of the opponent was activating slowly. She boosted forward with her slightly grazed legs, kicked the ground, and then aimed her bow towards this ball of light. She fired three arrows, but all these arrows were deflected instantly!

I was about to activate my final Command Card: the Combo Sword to aid her attacks, but I was hesitant. I wondered why the transformation was slow compared to the other transformations I have witnessed. Himeno, Rayne, and Arth's transformations are almost instant. There must be a reason why the opponent is taking some time to transform.

Rayne looked at me and noticed that I was no longer planning to continue an attack. I nodded at her, and she seemed to know what I was thinking. She jumped back away from the ball of light and waited for any openings or opportunities to attack.

"Oh, so you are not going to attack?" Kaiser Masaya taunted. "You two seem to know that we are planning on you to waste your last Command Card while she is transforming. But since that plan is a bust, I might as well tell you something. That ball of light is Monami's Transformed State."

All of a sudden, the light surrounding the ball faded, and it revealed its true outer crust- it was a big ball of metal with lumps and circuits. All of a sudden, this giant ball of metal grew mechanical arms and legs, and even a robotic head! This is like those shapeshifting robots I saw on TV as a kid!

The opponent Kaiser stood up proud and spread out his arms. "This is the pinnacle of technology and evolution! This is a Cyber Mecha!"

Cyber Mecha is kind of a redundant name, to be honest. And seeing a transformable robot that can shift forms into a boring big ball of metal is kind of boring. If only she could transform into a car or a jet plane, it would've been a cooler enemy.

"Behold Monami's power and be amazed!" Kaiser Masaya proudly pointed at my Gladiatrix. "Annihilate her!"

"Roger!" The Cyber Mecha's AI voice echoed around the arena. It spread out its right arm, pointing to Rayne, and then the said arm folded and reshaped into a gatling gun! This gun immediately spun at maximum speed and started showering bullets toward my Gladiatrix!

The sound of the machine gun was so loud that I couldn't even hear myself thinking. Rayne was able to evade the spray of bullets by zigzagging, and making erratic unpredictable shifts and turns! She is planning to get the battle up close, so I should ready my Combo Sword!

However, when Rayne was able to close in the distance, the opponent Cyber Mecha jumped back. Buster Wings sprouted on its back and then raised altitude!

"W-Wha!" Rayne cried as she stepped forward and missed her chance.

Now that the opponent was hovering above her, the Cyber Mecha used this opportunity to reshape its other hand into a rocket launcher and unleashed an explosive projectile toward my Gladiatrix!

Rayne has already sustained a considerable amount of damage due to the crash earlier. She even got grazed by some of the bullets, and now I am certain that her spirit is exhausted.

I cannot stand idly and hold back. If I want to win, I shall also display our full power, just like how Irida did everything in her might to protect her Gladiator!

And so, I swiped my ultimate card from my arsenal, and then revealed it up in the air!

"Activate Transformation Card: Cyber Fairy Queen!"

A pillar of light manifested from the skies, engulfing my beloved Gladiatrix. The same beam of light also deflected the incoming machine gun bullets and the explosive rockets away.

Rayne's outfit changed from her usual white-and-red frilly dress, into a daring wedding gown with the same color motif. Fairy wings sprouted on her back, and a magical floating shawl crawled on her arms and neck. Reddish pink stardust emanated from each of her graceful movements, and as soon as she opened her divine eyes, a weak shockwave blasted!