CHAPTER 75 - SHARED FEELINGS

I somehow regret those words I just said to Raynevere. But I am a decent human being. I will not succumb to pleasure no matter how much I will regret myself in the future. I just don't want to leave a bad aftertaste in my mouth.

Raynevere's face is red. She's truly embarrassed. She immediately covered her face and cried.

"I-I'm sorry, Elzane. I ended up trying to use you again. I thought I wanted to reward you for being there with me all the time, and I don't want to lose you. I was prepared to give everything to you in exchange for saving my life and helping me all this way."

"You don't need to apologize, Rayne. I know what you feel. You don't need to force yourself to like me." I said with a smile. Then I lifted my body and stood stiff.

"Now I'm too embarrassed! You think I'm a naughty woman, don't you!?" Raynevere cried.

"N-No, it's not like that!" I shook my hands in front of her. "I just want to make it clear that I'm still not giving up on making our future marriage a product of genuine love, and not just some contract our parents made for us."

"Really?"

"Yes! For real!"

"Genuinely, truly, honestly, indubitably?" Raynevere pouted adorably.

"O-Of course! I will be the best future husband for you!" I smashed my chest, which made it hurt a little.

"You said that, okay?" Raynevere asked again.

"I told you-"

Before I could finish my sentence, Raynevere kissed my left cheek. It was a quick one, and my guard was wide open. I could never react to that!

"E-Eh!?" I muttered.

"I'm just returning the kiss you gave me. I appreciate your gentlemanship and respect. That is why I'm so glad that you are my betrothed~" Raynevere chuckled.

"W-Well, that was too sudden," I said as I touched my cheek and turned away to hide my blushing face.

Raynevere then grabbed my wrist and wrapped my hand with her gentle white fingers.

"Don't worry, Elzane. All those feelings that you have for me will be repaid. It will not go to waste. I may be a liar, but all those experiences and emotions we shared are all true. That, I can assure you." Raynevere said in a calming voice.

There goes Raynevere's flirtatious remark again. She admitted that she is a liar, but does that mean her words right now are a lie too? But since she's already right in front of me, I should ask her face to face.

"Does that mean you feel the same way too?" I asked with a composed expression.

"I don't know~" Raynevere smiled adorably with a blushing face.

I sighed out loud. I thought I will be getting straight answers from her, but no, she's just there to leave me hanging. I even got teased once again. She's always pulling my leg and I don't even know if I love or hate it!

Suddenly, Raynevere pulled my hand, literally. And she's rushing for the exit.

"Let's have a proper date then! We have to get out of this place before things get out of hand!" Raynevere said.

What? She's the one who wanted to do something in this love hotel, and now she does not want to do it? Now I regret not grabbing the chance I just wasted a few minutes ago!

Well, there's no use crying over spilled milk. I'll just go with the flow with her since I can feel that she's somewhat down due to the events that happened today.

<>

We went to a bistro burger restaurant and had a full-course meal for us two. All those worrying about our problems and issues got our stomachs rumbling, so we ate until we got stuffed. We enjoyed the wagyu burgers, the cheesy chili fries, and the ice-cold unhealthy cola.

There we talked about some useless things like politics, advancement in nanomachine technology, and about how old is Master Siferas. We also talked about our tactics for the upcoming Battle Fiesta.

It was already dark when we finished our meal. To digest the food, we briefly walked in the park and enjoyed the view of the colorful flowers, sat near the glowing water fountain, and watched some street performers.

After that, Raynevere asked me to activate the Striker Wing to do her favorite part of our dates so far: flying in the stratosphere. She said that she will cure my acrophobia by always flying up in the sky. So far, her acrophobic therapy is yielding good results as I am no longer as nervous as before when flying up in the skies.

Every moment I spend with Raynevere is bliss. If only that massacre in the village did not happen, if only that Masked Kaiser did not exist, and only if Himeno Yuusha has no plans to usurp the position of the president in the corporation, we would be living a much more peaceful life.

But I have no regrets. It is what it is. We gotta enjoy these joyful moments together as long as they last.

I just wish that these scenes would just go on forever.

Because we still do not know what is waiting for us.