CHAPTER 81 - BRUTAL TIGER

Everything happened in an instant. My eyes can't even comprehend what just happened.

All I know is that Himeno Yuusha's claws glowed crimson red, and then she teleported to the back of her enemy Gladiatrix. With a swift downward scratch, Himeno inflicted considerable damage on her opponent!

"Aaah!"

It didn't stop there. Himeno vanished instantly, and reappeared on the Cyber Shrine Maiden's front! With a swift upward slash, Himeno destroyed the white clothes of the opponent. Then, the purple cat vanished again!

"Ahh! Kyaah! Uwaaah!"

It was a pitiful watch. Himeno Yuusha is having no mercy in this fight, disregarding the opponent Gladiatrix's wellbeing. The painful screams of the Cyber Shrine Maiden echoed in the arena, giving the audience a sense of pity on the poor losing Gladiatrix.

"Stop it!" Finally, the opponent Kaiser yelled.

At that instance, Himeno Yuusha's crimson eyes glowed. Her glare towards the opponent Kaiser is like a tiger's stare towards a wide-open prey. It's no understatement that the opponent Kaiser has no defenses right now.

So in the blink of an eye-

Himeno Yuusha teleported right in front of the opposing Kaiser, and then slashed him clean!

Blood dropped on the Battle Fiesta arena. It was not a deep cut, but Himeno's claws made a long three cuts on the opponent Kaiser's arm. If only the opponent Kaiser did not block the attack, his face would have been the one that was wounded!

[Battle Finished]

It was the first fight of the Battle Fiesta where the audience did not cheer for the winner. Everybody was silent. Even the other participants here in the waiting room are just murmuring in disdain. Battle Fiestas is a brutal sport but you don't need to torture a Gladiatrix or wound a Kaiser to win.

This kind of behavior Himeno Yuusha is displaying is widely frowned upon by the community.

"..."

I saw Raynevere clenching her fist. When I looked up, I saw her staring at me, concerned.

"And the winner of this fight is Himeno Yuusha and her Kaiser Ryan Radars!" The emcee finally shouted after the long awkward silence.

Still, nobody cheered for Himeno Yuusha's victory. There's no protest or boos either. I think the image of fear was burned into the audience's brains so they can't even shout against the duo.

Himeno Yuusha exited the arena, followed by her Kaiser Ryan Radars. The losing Kaiser and Gladiatrix were tended to by the medic, and then they exited the arena with a gloomy aura.

There was a long pause in the arena for the moment, about ten minutes.

During that ten minutes, Himeno Yuusha entered the same backstage room that is assigned to us. There are about fifteen pairs in this room already, including us. Nobody dared to talk or congratulate them. Himeno Yuusha just folded her arms and then leaned on the corner while her Kaiser focused on the big TV screen for some announcements.

A loud cybernetic woman's voice echoed in the paging system.

"For all Bracket B Kaisers and Gladiators, be aware that the Entry-Grade Battle Fiesta Ceremony has finished. Bracket B Contestants shall have their fights tomorrow night. All participants of Bracket B can now leave the colosseum premises."

The paging system continued on and on, five times. I almost forgot that this always happens in the single-elimination portion of the Battle Fiestas. There's no way that all 128 participants will be thinned down for the playoffs in one night, and the sponsors would want as much money as possible. So it is normal that they will assign another date for more ticket sales.

Come to think of it, the blonde Cyber Paladin and his beautiful brown-haired Kaiser were on Bracket B. That means I will never get to ask them what they meant about the "chosen one." It's not like it's our last meeting with that weird couple anyway. I wish them luck for their battles tomorrow as I kind of sense that they are both strong and smart.

"All fights of Bracket A have been concluded, and now it's the second round of the Battle Fiesta Playoffs for Bracket A! Let's get right into it! We will now have the second round!" The emcee shouted.

The audience recovered from their gloomy atmosphere the moment the emcee announced the start of the second round! The jumbotron started randomizing the names and all participants in the backstage rooms are getting nervous!

"Who will it be? Who is next!"

The randomizer finally revealed the four names that will be taking the stage.

And two of the names are the least expected of them all. The audience frowned once again.

"U-Unbelievable!" The emcee cried. "It will be them again! The second round is for the brutal purple tiger: Himeno Yuusha and her Kaiser Ryan Radars!"