CHAPTER 77 - ROCKSTAR BAD DATE

"And now, let's get ready to rumble with our first match of the night!" The emcee shouted with his mic.

As soon as the emcee liven up the colosseum, the jumbotron started randomizing names for the very first round. The audience cheered once again, unable to contain their excitement.

"Who will it be!? Who will it be!?" The emcee asked a rhetorical question to add some drama.

As soon as the names stopped rolling, my eyes widened in surprise. I saw my name in there, Elzane Chaldeas, and my Gladiatrix Raynevere Treenity. We are the very first match of the night, and our opponent is Kaiser Freddie Alakazam and his Gladiator Rocky the Rockstar!

What the hell kind of name is Rocky the Rockstar anyway?

"For our first match of the night, we will have our young couple! The beauty queen Raynevere Treenity, and her typical nobody Kaiser Elzane Chaldeas!" The emcee introduced us.

What the hell kind of introduction is on me anyway?

Well, I will just have to ignore it. With fast heartbeats in my chest, I went to the arena with my betrothed who waved to everyone in the audience's seat. Most guys and girls fell in love with my fiance.

"Go Raynevere!" One girl shouted.

"You can do it without the help of your bland boyfriend!" One fan followed.

"Marry me, oh sweet princess!" Some old fat guy cried.

"Ahahaha! Thank you!" Raynevere just forced a smile as she continued to wave.

The emcee continued the introductions. "And for the other corner are the members of Rockman Band- the lead vocalist Freddie Alakazam and his guitarist Rocky the Rockstar!"

Girls shrieked in excitement as soon as the spotlight pointed to the man with a white formal tuxedo with baguette-long black pompadour hair. This must be Freddie Alakazam. He is wearing expensive golden-framed sunglasses even though it's night.

He is also wearing a lot of bling-bling-like golden chains and huge diamond rings on each finger. Oh, I think the jewelry he has is fake. I heard that most bands just wanted to look rich even though they aren't.

A loud electric guitar note echoed in the arena as the enemy Gladiator made his entrance. He is a skinny man with afro blonde hair, and he's wearing tattered jeans and opened purple jacket that reveals his abs and chest. He is wielding an electric guitar that produces electricity whenever he strums. This must be Rocky the Rockstar!

"Looks like the sweethearts had a very bad venue for their date, oh yeah!" Freddie Alakazam made his awkward pose as he pointed at us.

"We will rock their world, baby!" Rocky the Rockstar said as he strummed his guitar once more.

I'm thinking of a great comeback speech, but then I saw from my peripheral that Raynevere is looking at me. I glanced back at her, and she replied with a safe reassuring smile.

"Let's do our best, Elzane!"

"You got it," I replied with a smile too. That smile is contagious.

"On your battle positions!" The emcee shouted.

Raynevere immediately reached for her bladed white bow as soon as the emcee told us that. I also readied my Kaiser Watch and activated the Gladiatrix System. The opponent Kaiser did the same, and the rockstar Gladiator leaned on the air as he continued to strum more intensely.

[Activating Combat Mode]

"Let the battle begin!" The emcee shouted.

[Battle Start]

Five Command Cards was drawn from my hologram deck. I was surprised that I drew my secret weapon on the first five, but I did not let it show in my expression. I just maintained a poker face.

"You are dead now, baby!" Rocky the Rockstar strummed and lightning daggers flew around from his guitar!

Raynevere immediately reacted by dodging all those lightning daggers that came on her way. Unlike a few weeks ago when she would do some acrobatics to evade the attacks, all she did now is do some sidesteps and spins to conserve her energy.

Those lightning daggers seemed to be too slow for her. She can still follow the lightning projectiles with her eyes.

Raynevere maintained her smile. I know what she's thinking: those thunder daggers are nothing compared to Master Siferas' head-on assault. Since Raynevere has been trained to fight an unbelievably fast opponent, Rocky the Rockstar's long-ranged attacks seemed to be easily dodged.

"Oh no, baby! I can't hit her!" Rocky the Rockstar panicked.

"Then we should change the battlefield to reduce her mobility, oh yeah!" Freddie Alakazam wiped his pompadour, and swiped a hologram card, revealing it. "Activate Field Card: Electro Field!"

A bolt of lightning struck the center of the arena, and then static bolts roamed around the atmosphere and the soil. Electric currents started spawning everywhere!

"Oh yeah, baby!" Rocky the Rockstar continued strumming, and lightning daggers started blasting at double speed!

Now that there are random electric charges all over the air and soil, and lightning daggers are much faster than before, Raynevere had to resort to her acrobatic moves to dodge the incoming projectiles! She tumbled, somersaulted, and even waltzed just to avoid getting hit!

Suddenly, the enemy Kaiser smiled. He swiped his second Command Card and revealed it!

"I will not let your Kaiser act! Activate Skill Card: Electric Lasso!"

Four lightning chains spawned from the tip of Rocky the Rockstar's guitar and immediately rushed to Raynevere! To avoid getting touched, Raynevere purposely got her bow to get caught by the Electric Lasso!

When the Electric Lasso pulled the bow, Raynevere was all out of weapons!