CHAPTER 97 - CONVEYED FEELINGS

I was still in a state of bewilderment when Raynevere took the podium and delivered her speech.

"Good evening to our Board of Directors, Department Heads, and stockholders. My name is Raynevere Treenity, the Third President of Treenity Innovations and the rightful heir to my grandfather's legacy. I thank you all for accepting me as the new president of our beloved corporation, and I swear to bring the name of the company back to its former glory. For those who openheartedly elected me, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. For those who doubted my skill to lead the corporation, I will make sure to prove myself and clear your uncertainty. I promised Miss Himeno Yuusha and Mister Ryan Radars to make Treenity Innovations much better than its glory days, and I will take that promise to my heart and soul. Together, with my betrothed Elzane Chaldeas, I will be certain that the path of the Treenity legacy shall be a smooth ride for our company. Again, thank you for all your support!"

Raynevere's end of the speech was applauded by all of the people in this very room. Even Himeno and Ryan are clapping with smiles on their faces. They have completely given their trust to the only true president of Treenity Innovations.

My betrothed shook the hands of the high-ranking officers of the corporation and then they gave her a trophy and a flower necklace that seemed to originate from Hawaii as a token of appreciation. She then jollily bounced down the stage and went back to my position.

I greeted her with a smile on my face.

"C-Congratulations!" I said.

"Thanks!" Raynevere smiled with a blush. "Did I properly convey my feelings to them?"

"Of course! It was perfect, down to the last-minute details!" I cheered.

Raynevere's cheeks went reddish. "Did I properly convey my feelings to you?"

Blood rushed to my face as the flashback of a lips-to-lips sensation went back. It was just a few minutes ago, so there's no way I could ever forget it. Heck, I will never forget that surprise kiss for the rest of my life.

I gently touched my lips to relieve the sensation. My thought circuits are going haywire that I can no longer speak properly.

"Y-Y-You mean..."

Raynevere caught my hands and clasped them together with hers. "I love you too, Elzane"

"R-Really!?" I asked in shock.

"Yes! I know I rejected you back then, but it left a deep pain in my heart. I did not understand that hurtful feeling in my chest, and I thought pushing you away from me will keep you safe. But then I realized I wanted to stay by your side forever, as my boyfriend, fiance, husband, and Kaiser. I am sorry for lying to you about my feelings."

"N-No, there's no need to apologize. I finally understand why you lied to me that time. W-Well, I was kinda bummed until Master Siferas rewired my brain to understand a woman's heart." I muttered the last sentence as I scratched my head and looked away.

Raynevere continued to smile and pushed her face forward. "But now, I realized I wanted to stay by your side forever, as my boyfriend, fiance, husband, and Kaiser. I love you. I hope you still love me too."

"T-That's absurd! Of course, I still love you, even more than ever! You helped me attain my dreams of becoming a Kaiser and participating in a Battle Fiesta! You saved my life several times! And every moment we shared is like cloud nine to me! You are my ultimate crush, so there's no way my feelings would fade away!"

"You know how to flatter me, Elzane. It makes me want to kiss you-"

I did not wait for her to finish her sentence. The moment I felt she wanted to kiss, I kissed her before she could kiss me. It was just a smack though, but at least I tasted the soft gentle warmth of her lips.

"Y-You ambushed me! At least let me finish talking!" Raynevere adorably pouted with reddish cheeks.

"It's just a payback because you surprised me first," I smirked.

Suddenly, a long loud applause covered the event hall. It was then that we realized that we are publicly displaying our affection in front of all the businessmen and businesswomen in this very area! They all witnessed and heard what was going on the whole time, and now they are all clapping!

Even Esthesia, Firius, Master Siferas, and Big Bro Nigel is there in the audience celebrating my victory of love! Himeno and Ryan are also there with smiles on their faces!

"Woohoo! Congratulations!"

"We are still invited to the wedding, right!?"

"How impudent for the president to do such a shameful thing in public!"

"But since she's the president now, we should at least allow their celebration, right?"

"Kiss! Kiss again! Kiss more!"

Due to our friends' demand, we did another lovely kiss with each other. This time, it was as long as we could hold our breath. I embraced the girl of my dreams and savored the sweet victory of battle and love.

And then, we enjoyed the party to our heart's content. We made acquaintances with the millionaire stockholders, new investors, and even the media covering this event.

There was also a suave slow ballroom dance portion which made it more romantic. I and Raynevere took the floor to initiate the whole thing, and the lovely tune of the piano emphasizes the mood. Soon, pairs followed us and went with the flow of music.

Before my dance with Raynevere ended, I swear I saw somebody staring at us in a distance. Raynevere felt it too, but we could not pinpoint where or who it was.