CHAPTER 118 - THE STOLEN CODE

Tears fell from Rayne's eyes as she apologized a couple of times.

"I'm sorry... I'm sorry... It is all my fault that you suffered."

"I don't need your pity, you damned fake!" Raynevere Treenity screamed out loud. She stressed her throat so much that tears are welling out of her eyes due to the pain. "It's all because of you that Grandpa never noticed me again! Not just him, everyone! That is why I will take everything from you!"

The psychotic Raynevere materialized another crimson dark lance from her hand, ready to throw it like a javelin. Knowing that my Gladiatrix has no more will to fight, I immediately and instinctively went in front to shield her from any harm.

"Z-Zane..." Rayne muttered.

"It's not your fault that she became like that, Rayne. Even if you replaced her, even if merely existing gave her anguish, it is still not your fault. Raynevere Treenity chose to be this way, even way before you were born." I said.

That is right. Even if Raynevere Treenity has a reason to do evil deeds, she is still trampling over the lives of so many innocent people. She experimented on clueless homeless people and orphans. She is responsible for the Cyberdemon wreaking havoc. She killed her clan and abducted her grandfather. And she even almost killed me.

There's no way that this psycho's actions are justified!

"B-But..."

Rayne held her chest and was about to reason out, but then we were cut by the psychotic bastard.

"I can't stand this!" Raynevere Treenity readied her spear. I clenched my fists and buttcheeks, bracing for the moment our enemy unleash her projectile.

All of a sudden, we heard various sirens around the place. Blue and red lights alternately blinked, slightly brightening the area of this dark ruined highway. Police cars started to circle the area, and the police officers aimed their pistols at the psychotic Raynevere.

"Freeze!" The police officers said. "Put down your weapon!"

"Grrr!" Raynevere Treenity gnarled at her enemies. With a quick movement of her arm, she shifted her target towards the incoming SWAT vehicle and launched the spear!

"Nooo!" Rayne cried. In an instant, fairy wings sprouted on her back and then boosted to intercept the crimson dark spear! With a swift flick of her hand, she redirected the spear toward the space a few meters away from the psychotic Raynevere.

A wide explosion of flames blasted, and a wall of smoke made it impossible for any of us to see what happened to the psychotic bastard. Debris and asphalt flew around the place like a volcanic explosion.

"Did I get her?" Rayne asked worriedly.

"No," I muttered.

When the smoke and the flames went out, the enemy Raynevere was no longer there. The police started to search the area while we got delivered to safety by the police officers.

<>

The police interviewed us about everything that happened. We disclosed everything that occurred in the incident but withheld any information that regards Treenity Innovations, the source of Cyberdemons, and all other matters regarding the corporation's experiments and the real identity of Raynevere Treenity. We can't have more issues in the corporation as it is still rising from bankruptcy.

We slept in the police station that night. When morning came, Rayne and I decided to go to the hospital and visit Himeno and Ryan. When we arrived at Ryan's room, Himeno was there, rubbing her cheeks on her "slave's" hand. She immediately blushed and threw away Ryan's hand when she realized that we made our presence.

"How are you, Mister Ryan Radars?" Rayne asked. She seems to be in a brighter mood now considering that she is smiling.

"Miss President." Ryan laid down on his bed and held his stomach. "I'm fine now. Thanks to my enhanced cells being a Numbered Kaiser, my body was able to withstand the almost fatal wound."

"It's not fine, Ryan. You lost your code." Himeno puffed her cheeks. "That damn Raynevere Treenity will pay for everything she has done."

"That's okay. It's not like I have much use for it anyway." Ryan said.

"I have been hearing this 'code' for a while now. Tell me, what is this code?" Rayne asked.

"The code is a series of commands programmed to the nanomachines inside my body. It is what makes me a Numbered Kaiser." Ryan explained.

"So you have nanomachines inside your body too?" Rayne asked.

"Yes, but it's not like what Gladiatrices like you have. What we Numbered Kaisers have are normal nanomachines that enhance brain cells and nerves that can integrate with the Gladiatrix System. It makes us more synchronized with our Gladiatrices, making us able to unlock the Transformation Command Card much easier than most Kaiser-Gladiatrix tandems." Ryan explained.

"Hmmm... So that explains why the Cyber Witch was able to transform into a Cyber Walpurgisnacht when Raynevere stole your code." Rayne said.

"That is right," Himeno said. "Considering that she stole the code of Ryan, all other Numbered Kaisers are in grave danger. Raynevere Treenity will hunt for every one of them and use them on her personal needs."

"Then we need to find the other Numbered Kaisers before Raynevere finds them first," I said.

At this moment, Rayne went silent. She frowned and then looked at the floor. She clenched her fists. She must be blaming herself for all that has happened, and all that is about to come.