CHAPTER 131 - COMFY BREAK

With a swift turn, Arth did not waste any movement and thrust upwards with his Energy Saber. He consumed all his remaining strength in this risky do-or-die attack and pointed the tip of his laser sword toward the Cyber Berserker's stomach!

Dark blood splattered all around the arena. The Cyber Berserker was impaled on his left abdomen, completely missing the vital organs. However, he sustained considerable damage as he hollered out loud when he realized that there was a weapon stuck in his body!

"Raaaaaaaah!" Gunther cried as his mouth frothed. He dropped both his Warhammer and mace, but he is not ready to give up yet! He spread out his arms and tried to swat the Cyber Paladin like a fly!

However, Arth twisted the Energy Saber, giving the Cyber Berserker an excruciating pain! The monster cried in agony once again!

Not being satisfied, Arth further withdrew his laser sword by drawing a straight line on the monster's body! The Cyber Berserker roared once more, this time as deafening as he could get! Its agony spread out in the four corners of the coliseum, giving fear to the audiences who are witnessing this brutal battle.

"Gruaaaaaaaaaaaaah!"

That was the final roar of Gunther before he fell to the ground. Specks of dust splashed all throughout the battlefield as a result of the huge monster's body crashing into the soil.

Everybody was speechless upon seeing Arth standing as the lone victor of this Gladiator Battle. But this is no time to celebrate yet as their opponent Kaiser is still standing!

"This is not over yet, as I still have one more card to play!" The old man Kaiser reached out for his third and final hologram card and raised it in the air! "Activate Skill Card: Heal!"

Green clouds of dust showered upon the fallen remains of the Cyber Berserker.

However, the Cyber Berserker's Kaiser fell into Irida Nanahara's trap. With a determined gaze, Irida drew a Command Card and revealed it to the enemy!

"Activate Counter Card: Skill Negate!"

As soon as Irida activated her counter, the green dust faded. The Skill Card: Heal that was possessed by the opponent Kaiser shattered into pieces!

"What the!" The old man cried as he saw his hope for this battle fade into nothingness. "You... You planned this from the start!?"

"I have been reserving my negate cards until you activate a Skill Card," Irida said with a confident smile. "Now that your Gladiator is helpless, this will be my victory. Arth, finish it!"

"Got it!" Arth immediately discarded the Energy Saber that had depleted its energy.

Energy Sabers are extremely powerful swords but they can only be used in a limited amount of time. Now that the Energy Saber is depleted, he can no longer use it as a weapon. It does not matter at this point though as the opponent Gladiator is already down.

Arth picked up the heavy tower shield near the downed Cyber Berserker, and then made a head charge towards the opponent Kaiser! With a quick shield bash, the old man was put to the ground, signaling the end of the battle.

[Battle Finished]

"The winner for this quarterfinal round is Irida Nanahara and Arth Victus! The amazing display of their tactics by the princess and the quick and brave front of the shining knight is a force to be reckoned with!" The emcee cried while shouting on his mic.

The crowd celebrated in thrill and joy upon hearing the trumpets sing. It's just the second fight of this evening, and yet the audience is already on fire. All will get crazier the moment the semifinals start. What's more in the championship? I bet they will be going nuts!

<>

Rayne and I had been chilling in the backstage room for a while. Unlike the first part of the Battle Fiesta, there are backstage rooms assigned for each of the quarterfinal contenders. We have our sofa, gym equipment, magazines, Gladiatrix System Consoles, and widescreen TV for the two of us to enjoy.

We watched Irida Nanahara's fight from here since my Gladiatrix will be able to rest comfortably in this room. I never noticed until the end of Irida's fight that I was relaxing on a sofa and Rayne was napping on my lap like a cat.

Getting touchy with my girlfriend-cum-fiance is always a great way to replenish our mental strength, but I'm pretty worried that it will lead to something that pushes our desires to the limit. I mean, there are still more Gladiator Battles in the Quarterfinals, and according to the schedule I just read from the Battle Fiesta Magazine, there will be some intermissions.

We will have an hour before the start of the semifinals. I don't think I can hold out by then.

I slapped both of my cheeks. This is the Battle Fiesta, Elzane! I can get excited, but I'm not that excited! Yeah, I can feel her boobs on my lap, and her skin is radiating her body's warmth. But I have to focus on this tournament!

"Zane... It's quite cozy here, huh?" Rayne said as she breathed heavily. Her face was red, and I noticed that her body temperature had risen. "We still have a lot of time, so there's no need to be tense. I'll help you relax."

Rayne raised her body and hugged me tight. This time, my brain turned into full horny mode and returned to the body warmth she was giving me. Then, my fingers started crawling on her back, and unsnapped her bra underneath her shirt. Rayne took her revenge by unzipping my pants.

Just before things escalated further, the door opened!

"Hey, I heard you guys are enjoying a private room! Let me join...you..."

It was the purple cat Himeno's cheerful voice, but it was immediately transformed to dread when she saw what we were attempting to do. Meanwhile, her Kaiser Ryan immediately turned away when he saw us both.

"W-W-What the hell are you doing, you morons!" Himeno shrieked.