Chapter 4 The Book of the Other Lily P1

This is part one of two (due to a plot in this part). The second will be about someone we all know :)

________________________________

Lily sorted out the last of her items that she had from home, but managed to keep a few just in case she needed to lay low for a bit or needed for some reason.

Lily sighed with relief as she whipped the beads of sweat forming on her forehead. Silver wasn't joking when he said that he would cater to her every need, he provided her and Shinjirou with an extra pair of hands. In turn this helped them sort out her room without wasting time. Shinjirou wasn't happy about this turn of events since it meant that the mark would put her at risk and that he would not be able to see her when he got home. He even admitted that it would be lonely without her making Lily grin and hug him tightly.

"You can always visit brother! You and Lydia are more than welcome but don't forget college idiot!" Lily smiled before flicking his head slightly. The tengu smiled in reply before leaving her to deal with her stuff. Lily in turn looked around her new room which was Mikage's old room with a satisfied look, a brief thud caught her attention causing Lily to look around but there was nothing there to the girl's confusion. What caused that noise she wondered? Not knowing what to do she began to walk away from the futon only to yelp as her foot caught onto something, this made her fall to the floor causing her to graze her chin.

"Ooow... what was that?" Lily asked weakly as she went onto her hands and knees in order to survey the area. Nothing seemed to be out of place and she doubted that the spirits would pull any tricks on her; after all they seemed to like her a lot. Seeing them act like that made Lily feel welcome and right at home.

"Hmm?" Lily moved her right foot so the top it was slid across the tatami mats by a few centimetres and immediately felt something hard touching her toe. Lily feeling confused looked back to see a book to her confusion. What was it doing on the floor? She was sure that she didn't put anything like that on the floor; it also didn't look like any book she would have so how did it get there?

Curiosity took over the teen as she picked it up carefully. To her surprise it had a beautiful set of birds flying on the book, the texture of the book was rough but it had an interesting set of colours and design that intrigued her.

Lily began to open the book and read the first page; to her surprise it had a name that left her puzzled.

"Lily Hikari's diary"

"But I don't have or own a diary... I wonder how it got here" Lily pondered before turning another page in the book. Immediately she paused and stared at it, was she really reading it right? This seemed like a hoax but at the same time she couldn't help but keep reading the page.

"This is a true story, one that I hope will never repeat again. This book contains information for Lily Hikari who reads this; only she can read this book for the diary has been enchanted by my power. One that is a copy but borrowed from the original. Please allow me to introduce myself, my name is also Lily Hikari but I am not her at the same time. The Lily who is meant to be alive is dead" Lily's hands tensed and her body felt cold. That wasn't right. There was no way that this was true.

"I was created by my mother Serena the grandmother of the girl who had died from a broken heart, to others it might have seemed suicide but it's not like she knew what it was. The reason I am saying this is because this family only has one love- a soul mate that draws us to them. If that soul mate dies then a part of us dies as well. This leaves us to severe depression that causes us to lean towards death. The reason is because of a curse that originated in a lost continent called Mu. A woman who was envious of our ancestor- Lily's ancestor, the woman had fallen in love with a man but he had a love interest that was kept a secret. The young he had fallen love with Espira, the princess of the forgotten kingdom and a soul survivor of an assassination that took her family. Seeing Espira and the man together who had married in secret, it made the woman's blood boil with rage and hatred that she had sold her soul to the devil in order to gain the power to kill Espira in order to gain revenge, to allow her to suffer like she did. Shortly after selling her soul the woman turned demoness had discovered that Espira had been carrying a baby, it made the woman mad with jealousy and began to create a rift in the kingdom after refusing to marry the man's brother. The woman the day before the collapse of the kingdom had cursed Espira, the day she gave birth was the day she would die.