Chapter 38 - A Series Of Events

Nearly done! One more chapter to go which is- the Epilogue!

___________________________________________

Lily looked at the females who sat around her.

"At least try to be happy that this is a baby shower" Kei comments while Ami tries to give Lily a comforting smile in order to ease the stunned soon to be mother's mind.

"But I didn't want one" Lily cried until Kamehime patted her shoulder.

"It will be alright, however I must ask if you have been taking something odd" Kamehime asked softly, she noticed Lily flinch and mouth the word 'blood' this made the Dragon King's wife frown.

"It is to be expected, if you blood levels are down then your body would react before you can realise what just happened" the female yōkai smiled softly.

"But I don't like it, at times I wonder if this is going to kill Silver" Lily looks at Kamehime weakly. The female yōkai smiled softly.

"Once the twins are born will your body settle but you will have to take more iron for a few weeks" Kamehime instructed, Lily nods before Himemiko hugged Lily.

"I can't wait to see how cute your twins are once they are born" Himemiko said with a grin while Nanami smiles at how many people knew Lily, in fact Ami and Kei had also spoke to the brunette to her surprise before Himemiko joined in. This left Nanami happy and started to talk about her family and Hiru. Lily as she watched beamed knowing that Nanami was at ease and that's what she was happy about, Hiru however was in Lily's arms as the kit refused to leave her arms to their shock. However they just chuckled as they watched how stubborn and innocent he looked.

"I have to wonder Nanami, Tomoe has white hair and you have brown hair but your son has black hair. How did that happen?" Lily asked causing Nanami to pause and look down slightly.

___________________________________________

"Hey Tomoe" Silver asked with a frown as the other males started to tease the soon to be father over some stuff they thought would happen with the twins. In fact some of the males were shocked to know that Lily was having twins-except Shinjirou.

"She has a family that has a history of twins and triplets. In fact her aunt Laura had twins and it's a miracle that there would even be a single child to begin with" Shinjirou comments while Kotarou blinks in surprise.

"When has there ever been a generation of her family even having a single child?" Kotarou asked. Ryuu-ou looked away.

"Five hundred years ago and five hundred years before that" Ryuu-ou commented taking them by surprise "A thousand years ago they were almost wiped out except Yumi's mother had sent her away before that could happen. It was a lucky escape for sure, eventually she had twins but the youngest ended up having a line that wanted nothing more than to end the elder side" Silver felt his himself go cold, Umi and Lily never did tell him about this. Even the ones listening were stunned by this news.

"But why?" Tomoe asked in alarm.

"Because they wanted to be heads, usually it's always the youngest that are made leaders of the households but that time it was the eldest Haola who ended up being branded as a mother snatcher by the Haomi's daughter thanks to the ones who ended up feeding lies to her. Haomi's son who couldn't bear to hear these lies or see his sister's cold heart left their household to live a life without wanting a life of bloodshed and war. However at times he aided Haola's household knowing that his family did not deserve this torture. Sadly it was five hundred years ago that one of Haomi's descendants who had a younger twin had started to go after Umi's mother Yulina and killed her before the elder one who was suppose to inherit leadership could stop him. The worst part was thanks to the fear of the household no one spoke about it until a picture of Yulina showed up at the younger son's home, his wife had spotted it and tried to hide it the moment the picture had started to tell exactly what happened" Ryuu-ou explained.