Chapter 27 - Kidnappers and rants

Warning has some upsetting scenes

_________________________________________

Silver started to twitch in his sleep as he turned over from time to time.

"I... why can't I sleep?" Silver pondered as he tried to fight the urge to stay awake "Is there something wrong with me? Why won't my heart settle?" he asked grudgingly as he now saw no reason to sleep anymore. His mind went to the soft hand that touched and held him when he had been near deaths doors that moment of weakness had left him feeling confused as to why his heart was hurting from being away from her.

"How could I fail in capturing and killing this girl?" he berated himself as he looked up from where he was sitting. Just then he smirks in a devious manner as he gets up.

"I failed once... but who's to say that I won't fail in killing one measly girl again? Just you wait Umi... I'll be more than happy to tear you apart until there's nothing left" Silver comments with glee as he pushed the pain away

"You may have caught me off guard but it won't happen again... I'll make sure of that. I am done... done with this disgusting mood that you put me in, this unusual behaviour that you cursed me with. It'll be over once I slice you into a thousand pieces with my bare hands but before I do that..." Silver's smirk darkens as a thought came to mind.

"What do you taste like?" he chuckles darkly as he walks towards the exit.

"Now that idea... would be fun"

_________________________________________

Lily sighs deeply as she leans back in where she was sitting. So far there was nothing and it was leaving her unsettled.

"Miss Lily" She froze "I'm tired and the luggage is really heavy can't we rest Li-" Lily glared at the culprit before lobbing a small ice block at his head.

"Do you mind?! If the demons hear you then we're all dead!" Lily hissed darkly at the annoying Sukeroku who looks at weakly. "The name is Umi got it? Umi!" She glares before looking a the men, her eyes grow sad from seeing them this way.

"Can't we just rest" Sukeroku asked weakly before she glared at him.

"If we stop the demons will come" Lily said sharply. "I know it's hard but would you rather be a killed while you're resting?" she asked before a man goes to her looking weary.

"Please we are tired" just hearing that made her sigh.

"Fine but if we get picked on like flies, it's your fault" She glares at Sukeroku who blinks in shock.

"M-Me?!" he cries.

"That's right! Don't think you're laziness and whining are about to go unpunished" Lily snapped before getting off the palanquin herself. Sukeroku winced before following the blacked haired female so he could keep an eye on the her.

"We should have taken the easy path" Lily muttered.

"Uuugh why must life be cruel to make us walk on the hardest path?" he asks before getting food out so he could eat. Lily glared and snatched the food out his hand.

"Save snacking for later! We have to go soon you fool!" Lily snapped.

"Just like Umi" Sukeroku muttered, hearing this made her leer at him.

"Jeez ever wonder why she's annoyed with you?" she asked darkly.

"Even if she leaves the commoners life and enters the lord's family, would she still prefer to live in a bed full of needles?" Lily narrowed her eyes at him as she listened. "After all no matter how beautiful a flower is, it's life is always short and if it doesn't reach expectations. The lord would kick her out" he muttered dully before he was slapped.