Chapter 24 - Even Though I'm Sick

"Lily who is that child?" Umi asked with suspicious cold eyes leaving Lily slightly intimidated enough to want to step back but refrained from doing so.

__________________________________________

"He's a child I found by the riverbank, he's been injured by someone Umi" Lily replied as she tried to keep eye contact on the woman. Umi's eyes narrowed.

"By the riverbank huh? Pass him to me now" Umi said now showing her knife causing Lily to tighten her hold on Silver.

"What? Why?!" Lily cries in shock as she looks at Umi.

"That could be the fox Silver and yet you are bringing such filth-"

*Smack*

Umi held her cheek in shock as Lily gave her a furious look; Fuuta was left rooted to the spot from what he witnessed.

"Your mother would be ashamed of you Umi" Lily hissed angrily as she scolded Umi while she held Silver to her chest. "To think that you could be so bitter and cruel!" Lily snapped as her eyes narrowed.

"Your mother like Yumi would never turn down a person in need. Be them yōkai, human or anything that is injured. Whether he is Silver or not, it doesn't excuse the fact that he's injured. Why hurt or kill someone when they are already down? Well?!" Lily yelled causing Umi to stagger slightly by the tone of her voice.

"Your family would be ashamed, didn't your sister give her own life to save you and instead of being kind you are being bitter and twisted to the point that you can't see past black and white" Lily looked at Umi fiercely leaving the woman more intimidated but why? Just how did this girl have that much effect-this much power over her?

"A patient is a patient now matter how you slice it Umi, it doesn't matter if they are a rapist, a killer, a drug dealer, a drug addict, a homeless person or anything for that matter. The fact is he needs help and Yumi like your mother Yulina would have seen that and helped without hesitation. Now I'm going to have a physician look him over whether you like it or not" Lily snapped as she walks towards the house.

"And even if he is Silver" she looks at Umi who was rooted to the spot, her chest heaving up and down from Lily's words to even stop or respond to the younger girl's words. Was she really that bitter and cold? Was she that narrow minded that she couldn't tell good from bad anymore? Was she truly straying away from her family's teachings to help those in need?

"If he is then wait until he's recovered before you go after him, he didn't destroy your village Akura-ou did, after all he orchestrated it more than Silver would have just helped in some way" Umi gasped in shock at how Lily would have known about that. "Just... just wait until he's recovered before you interrogate him please? He needs help right now, so can you?" Umi sighs with her eyes closed as soon as she heard Lily pleading. She remained still with the knife in her hand. She knew thanks to her sister's spirit that like their mother Yumi had in fact helped both good people and the worst of the worst like missionaries or yakuza, but she did it knowing that only God had the right to punish not man. So why must a healer be judgmental, it is their creed after all to help those in need no matter what.

"All right" Umi said softly before opening her eyes, allowing Lily to see her frowning.

"I'll get the physician but please, don't make me regret doing it" Umi said softly. Lily's eyes widened in shock before a shaky smile followed by a chuckle had left her lips. She nodded feeling more tears run down her cheeks, Silver will be saved after all to her relief.